WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    S
    Felicia <3<3<3 Love the picture of your son and his prom date. And I just love your love for them. This is how it should be. Love shouldn't come with exceptions.
    [ KJ (Kelly)

Felicia ... ^^^ this!

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did 5 minutes on the hula hoop. You would think with my big hips that it would stay up longer! Then held my plank for 3 minutes, then the extremepump class. After class counted the money at the church, took the deposit to the bank then donations to the soup kitchen.

Kylia - thanks for the update about Joyce. There is no way on this green earth she could "fade" away. So glad you told her so. Next time you are talking to her, send her my best.

Felicia - never had a migrane so I would be totally freaked out. Rey is probably right.

Oh, this weather. Supposed to be in the 50's today and tomorrow, then in the 70's Wednesday. But that'll work since it's raining today and supposed to rain tomorrow. The rest of the things for the pool will be here today so we can start repairing it Wednesday.

KJ - wish I could post a picture of the cutting board, but it's still at the place where I was hoping they'd be able to stain it. I'll probably pick it up from them on Wed. My only concern about using playdough would be being sure I'd gotten it all out before I stained it. Not sure if I can get a toothpick into the engraved parts to be sure I'd gotten all the dough out.

Pajama party! Count me in. Hey, maybe we could have a virtual pajama party!!!!

pip - doesn't the rain on the summer bike hit your butt?

Felicia - I understand how you would want your son to dress up for his prom, but it's his life. I don't think he needs his hair cut. He's one handsome guy. His partner is SOO cute. What a ride they must have had! I don't really care for his partner's pants, but that's his choice. Some of the most wonderful people I know are trans. Vince doesn't agree with someone being trans, but I don't have a problem with it. The interesting thing is that I'm the Catholic. Like I said, to me I'd rather see a happy couple who stays married for a long time.

Rebecca (I'm so tempted to call you Becca) - I'm so sorry for your hubby. I prefer to take as few meds as possible. But I know that there are certain meds that I must take, like the Lamictal, the Prolia, calcium suppliments.

Barbara - I'm afraid that I don't have a steady enough hand to dip a toothpick in stain. I'm thinking of staining the grooves mainly because in some areas of the grooves it's darker than in other areas. If I stain the groves, hopefully it'll all be the same shade of brown.

KJ - I'm sure you've experienced this. When Play Dough hardens (how long does it take to harden?), will it all come out of the grooves? Or do I have to run a toothpick or something like that to make sure it's all out?

Jess flies out Saturday. I can tell she's very stressed. I would be too, to go to a foreign country. True, it's only for a few years. Maybe I wouldn't have a problem doing it if I were in my 30's and didn't have any other obligations (like kids, a house). I don't know if she's thought of all the things she needs to do to have her car registered in NC. Well, she'll be back in Aug. Even tho technically you are supposed to register your vehicle within 30 days, not everyone does. Saturday will be bitter sweet for me. On one hand I'm very happy for her that she's finally realizing her dream. On the other hand, I'll miss her. But I know that it isn't forever (unlike Bryan). She wants to store some of her furniture here. I guess we could do it for a few years. The rest will go into storage.

LHarris - of course you can join. Welcome!

Talk about stressed! We're going to go up to VA tomorrow probably early in the afternoon, help Jess load the truck on Wed, then come back to NC on Thurs. We need to go up in my car. Jess will drive her car here, Vince will drive the truck, and I'll drive my car. I know Vince likes to take his car, but I honestly don't feel comfortable driving his SUV on the highway. Not like it's a big thing, at least I don't think so.

Not sure I can get exercise in tomorrow. The gal who is going to watch the cats will be here between 6:30 and 7. I need to go to the Post Office and then the Green Room before we go. Maybe I can get something in after she leaves.

Terry in VT - good luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you

Need to go pack (clothes and food)

Michele in NC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    Beautiful day here and supposed to be nice for a few more. I got some mowing done, also pulling weeds out from between flagstones around the firepit. I was going to spray along the driveway and a couple of other places but it was too windy. doing well with eating.

Felicia - I used to have ocular migraines, zigzags that slowly widened and then faded away. They lasted about 1-2 hours, never headaches though and I haven't had one for years now. DD also has had them.

Michele - How about using a dental tool to get the Play Doh out? I used one to get paint out of carving on doorframe.

Whoever has the labradoodle - We just got a labradoodle puppy in February. She gets hot with her heavy coat. Do you have yours clipped or just bathed when she gets groomed?

Pip - Love that orange bike.

Welcome to the newbies!

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi folks.
    Terry - Hope the MRI goes well tomorrow.

Okie - Good job getting all those veggies. I need to increase my veggie intake.

Sue My husband always hired a neighborhood kid to pick up sticks. I probably should've done it for the exercise.

Rebecca - love the bracelet! Reminds me we have a few jewelry projects to finish up soon.

LHarris811 - Welcome! What should we call you? Where in the world are you located? ;-) This us z great supportive group.

Rye and Janet - my 3 sisters and our mother (91) and I gather at least once a year for our "sister retreat" weekend at our lake house. Usually in April after income tax deadline. We cook and eat, share recipes we like, watch movies, teach each other technology tricks and tips we've learned. We are ages 70, 67, 60 and 59. We usually invite my brother and his wife to come for supper one day. He lives on the lake. We're planning it for this coming weekend. It's so much fun. I'm looking forward to it.

Machka Thinking about you and praying for you both.

More reading to do...

— Ginger in Texas
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did a non-stop strength cardio DVD. I’m thinking that tomorrow I’ll be able to use the stair stepper at the Y by Jess

Sue in WA – I’m honestly going to have to wait to get that cutting board back from the people who tried to color it but couldn’t. I have some tools from when we go to ceramics for cleaning the greenware, but I’m just not sure if the openings on the writing are big enough

Machka – continued prayers

Sharon – I must have missed it. What happened to your dog?

Kylia – so glad you got things righted. How scary!

Penny – best of luck to you. I’m sure you made the right decision

Going to leave for the post office then the green room. As soon as I get back, we’ll leave for VA.

Michele in NC