Is Anybody still doing step aerobics

Options
13»

Replies

• LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Aaaaw I used to love Step classes. Unfortunately the trainer left the gym and those classes were never replaced.

You can do lots of step on YouTube!

Ha! I just received my step, which I ordered off Ebay, and I'm browsing YouTube for a workout for this evening, Reaally looking forward to it already.
    There's so many to choose from, eeeek! I think I'll go Jenny Ford.
  • LunaTheFatCat
    Options
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    Loved it then, love it now. The Reebok step video with the drummers!! Gin Miller, i think?

I ended up doing this one. OMG I loved-loved-loved it! Such a blast from the past, I even had those shoes!! I was 20 that year. TWENTY! :o
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    @LunaTheFatCat - How cool! It’s great, isn’t it? It’s my weekend fun!

In my best shape back then I would have a very high step and use 3lb hand weights. At 56, not even gonna try, no, nope, not gonna do it! 😂
  • LunaTheFatCat
    Options
    Hahaha that's so funny, I started off with dumbbells myself last night, but put them down again after a few minutes, that was a bit too much :D
    It gave me such a burst of energy though, it's just brilliant fun. And especially now with winter coming in, it's a way to get steps in without leaving the house.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    There is such a thing as step and pump, if you want to also use your dumbbells...
    https://youtu.be/bAGH07P5MXI
    https://youtu.be/VQ-SqrNiWhM
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    @DancingMoosie Thanks! Looks like fun. I scrolled through to get a sense of what “advanced” looked like and got scared! I read the “cdornerfitness” as “coronerfitness” and gasped! 🤣🤣
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    Lol. The step and pump doesn't usually get too advanced since you generally switch back and forth. I also like step and box, but was showing how to incorporate some dumbbells with the step.
    Has anyone tried Yvette Bachman workouts yet?
  • LunaTheFatCat
    Options
    Lol. The step and pump doesn't usually get too advanced since you generally switch back and forth. I also like step and box, but was showing how to incorporate some dumbbells with the step.
    Has anyone tried Yvette Bachman workouts yet?

No never heard of her. Had a quick search and it looks good!

I just did the short Jenny Ford one, think it was 22 mins, just to get my step count up. Beginners workout but I sure broke a sweat! She's very cute, will deffo do more of her videos.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    Yvette's are definitely intense, but not complicated.