Looking for friends who have more than 100 pounds to lose!

Replies

• maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Hi all. I am jumping on board as well. I think the important thing here is not so much as doing the friends thing. But to tag this this Headline so we can all find it easily every day. And ask how others are doing, state how we are doing. What we have found that works, what does not. I am positive with so many here, we all have great tips to share with each other on the journey.
    I have over 100 pounds to lose. Based on where I am now, I started on this journey on May 6, 2018 I have about 125 to go.
    My first tip for myself this time is instead of a hard and fast goal. My goals are more for every three months. Which just happens to line up with how often I see my Diabetes Drs. As my goals are to decrease and over time get off most if not all of my type 2 Diabetes medications.
    If you turn the little star at top of page yellow it means it is bookmarked so it will be easier each day to find.
  • Weight_Loss_Dad
    Weight_Loss_Dad Posts: 52 Member
    Good luck on your journeys. Thank you!!
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    ON this journey, I am logging every single day all my food, weighing and measuring it. So a good scale is a must. I think I spent around $30 on mine from bed and bath and beyond a few years ago on another journey. I mean for this to be my last journey. But I find that scale to easy to use and it sits on counter in kitchen. I am really trying not to be obsessed with the scale. I am sure you all know the love/hate relationship issue with that scale where ever you have it. Trying to just weigh myself once a week at home. And then I get weighed once a week at Dr. office. And trying to drink 65 oz of water a day. How is everyone else doing on their journeys?
  • Weight_Loss_Dad
    Hey guys and girls. Since starting this post I have lost 80lbs. Feel free to add me or ask me anything. I’ve less than 100lbs to go now and I’m excited as anything to get to my goal weight. Let’s do this together. Have a great day everyone!!
  • sdanemrtn
    sdanemrtn Posts: 187 Member
    I am 10 days into my 235 pounds ti lose journey. Right now, just portioning, coming in under, and walking. Any other pointers would be welcome, and as always, more friends!
  • Weight_Loss_Dad
    Hey yeah thanks for the message. Being half way through the journey to get to my goal weight. My only main pointer is stick to it. Don’t stop. You fail one day work twice as hard another. As long as your Trend is down your win. Calorie count and just own it.
  • swagosweetheart
    swagosweetheart Posts: 17 Member
    Started with 110 to lose and I'm 1/3 of the way there. I need friends as a support system too. IDK how to friend anyone!! Help I'll be part of your support system and will appreciate your support too.
  • destaniegetsfit
    destaniegetsfit Posts: 60 Member
    My goal is to lose 100.. I've lost 49, have 51 to go... :)
  • mrivera0481
    mrivera0481 Posts: 16 Member
    Hey guys and girls. Since starting this post I have lost 80lbs. Feel free to add me or ask me anything. I’ve less than 100lbs to go now and I’m excited as anything to get to my goal weight. Let’s do this together. Have a great day everyone!!

I just sent you a friend request. That's awesome news that you are on your way to reaching your goal. I just started this journey. I have more than 100 pounds to lose but am committed
  • Megank48
    Megank48 Posts: 8 Member
    Feel free to add me I've lost 18lbs so far I have 172lbs to go
  • SecretlyVictoria
    SecretlyVictoria Posts: 10 Member
    Heya people! I just turned 20 and I need to lose about 130lbs! Feel free to add or chat!
  • starkspot
    starkspot Posts: 15 Member
    sdanemrtn wrote: »
    I am 10 days into my 235 pounds ti lose journey. Right now, just portioning, coming in under, and walking. Any other pointers would be welcome, and as always, more friends!

105 down, another 60+ to go. Start with small steps - log your food (a KP study in 2008 showed that people who keep a food diary lose twice as much weight as those who don’t). I started with 5-10 minutes on the stationary bike, and did more as I felt able. I added body weight weight training, then worked up to a bench and dumbbells. Got off the bike and worked up to HIIT with a plyometrics box, and cardio on a rowing machine. Hit a plateau for about 5 months at around 100lbs lost. Saw a dietician last week and have decreased my protein intake on her recommendation, and stopped eating after 6pm. As a result, my calorie intake has been cut another 400-500 per day. Broke the plateau and am down 5lbs over the past week. Dietician suggested looking into Intermittent fasting (5/2, time restricted feeding, etc), and I’ll try that next after a while. I work out at home, eat regular people food (still eat bacon, eggs, waffles, etc, when I want to).

My point in all this is, we didn’t gain all that weight in short time, so we’re not going to lose it all in a short time either. Stick with it, do what works with your lifestyle, don’t be slave to the scale (look at things like your clothes getting baggy, your health markers improving [bp, blood sugar, resting heart rate, etc], and celebrate those things), set small goals for yourself (I will lose 5lbs this month, I’ll add 10 minutes of walking).

You can do it!
  • mrivera0481
    mrivera0481 Posts: 16 Member
    @starkspot thanks for the tips!
  • BYOS
    BYOS Posts: 5 Member
    Hi all. I have about 110 to lose on my journey, which I am restarting again. I need some motivation and accountability buddies. Please feel free to add me.
  • DeniseMayree
    DeniseMayree Posts: 133 Member
    I have lost 172 and have about 75 to go.
  • LesyaKoese
    LesyaKoese Posts: 13 Member
    Hey guys ! So far I´ve lost 20 pounds and have 110 to go. I would love if you add me so we can motivate each other
  • Hi! I have 100lbs to lose too! You can add me if you would like! The most important thing when you’re losing weight is having a lot of support, and sometimes if you’re surrounded by people who are set in their ways (the people around me), it can be tough to change! That’s why I’m back on mfp again :)
  • crazy4equines
    crazy4equines Posts: 8 Member
    Anyone can add me as well. I have a lot to lose, I'm new to mfp and can't figure out how to add people. If you have Fitbit you can add me there too.
  • Qu33n_Karma
    Qu33n_Karma Posts: 3 Member
    Positive peeps with 100 or more lbs to lose feel free to add me
  • jeanieholland1
    jeanieholland1 Posts: 2 Member
    I have around 80 pounds to lose. I’m new to myfitnesspal so not really sure how to get support. I could sure do with some though. Wishing you lots of luck on your journey.