Products for VSG & Bariatric Patients

ladybug2659
ladybug2659 Posts: 91 Member
Share your experiences with BEST OF products! Sharing is caring and we want to be good stewards of our money. What are your best go to products to support your weight loss journey?

Replies

• ladybug2659
    Great Lakes Gelatin. Pure unflavored protein. Kosher. Pasture raised grass fed cattle. 43 calories, 12mg sodium, 11g protein. Dissolves in cold or hot liquids. Pure protein before meals helps curb appetite. Rapid absorption of essential amino acids. Supports bone, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, skin, hair and nails. Gluten free, no msg, non GMO. Affordable.
  • ladybug2659
    edited April 2018
    9o4oeu26w6lw.jpeg
    Super Absorption 3000mcg Vitamin B-12. Liquid dietary supplement. 1/2 dropper daily. Boosts Energy.
  • ladybug2659
    edited April 2018
    b3wqz758mfje.jpeg
    New Whey Liquid Protein. 47g protein, 0 fat 0 sugar.
  • ladybug2659
    edited April 2018
    Slammers Protein & Organics. From the frig to your purse portable for 7gm of protein. If you are in need for quick energy, fruit, no sugar added. Great after workout that may leave you depleted.
  • ladybug2659
    Hemp Heart Seeds. Hemp seeds are rich in healthy fats and essential fatty acids. They are also a great protein source and contain high amounts of vitamin E, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron and zinc. Hemp seeds are a great source of arginine and gamma-linolenic acid, which have been linked with a reduced risk of heart disease.Hemp seeds are rich in healthy fats. They have a 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3, which may benefit skin diseases. In some cases, this may provide relief from eczema and its uncomfortable symptoms.About 25% of the calories in hemp seeds come from protein. Hemp seeds contain all the essential amino acids, making them a complete protein source.
  • ladybug2659
    Beginners Guidelines and Sample Menus. https://www.ucsfhealth.org/education/dietary_guidelines_after_gastric_bypass
    Good info for VSG or Gastric Bypass patients.
  • ladybug2659
    Figured I would try this for those “on the go” times. It tastes like a product that came out when I was a kid called “Nutiment”.... tastes exactly the same but 30g protein. kse098i8trad.jpeg
  • ladybug2659
    Check this site. https://www.bulletproof.com/fudge-brownie-collagen-protein-bar-12-pack. Informative information on their products and how they support your health.
  • Jess642
    Jess642 Posts: 2 Member
    what about a Bathroom Scale? does anyone have a favorite or suggestion?
  • addict3
    addict3 Posts: 48 Member
    Jess642 wrote: »
    what about a Bathroom Scale? does anyone have a favorite or suggestion?

I bought a Withings smart scale a couple months back while walking through the living room and saw it on the "View Your Deal" segment of The View for $49, I think they cost nearer $100 but I can say they are Very well made and sync up through wifi with the Withings app and myfitnesspal. Measures stuff like weight, bmi, fat %, bone %, muscle % and water%.
  • addict3
    addict3 Posts: 48 Member
    Share your experiences with BEST OF products! Sharing is caring and we want to be good stewards of our money. What are your best go to products to support your weight loss journey?

My Go To lifesaving products for the most critical period (IMO), Post Op. #1- Unjury Chicken Soup flavored powder. A great product that tastes good and goes down easily when we need protein and want to feel like we're getting real food. I then graduated to mixing cream of chicken, mushroom, celery etc. to enhance it more. #2- Syntrax Nectar, which tastes good mixed with water and goes down just as well. #3- Quest Bars, a perfectly balanced, quality product.