Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Need a new fitness tracker

Options
2»

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit Flex and One, last April my One gave up the ghost. I decided to go it alone and it was the best thing I ever did. Instead of being all about the steps I am now all about the purposeful exercise.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    @wolverine66 If you want to stick with Fitbit then new versa came out last week. It's waterproof, has notifications, it looks more like a watch, sort of comparable to the Apple Watch but cheaper, you can't answer calls or texts but it notify you, battery lasts about 5 days, controls the music and has some on board storage for music as well. I've had it for a week and a half and I like it so far. It's much more comfortable to wear than the charge 2 was.
  • breebeasley76
    breebeasley76 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you're an Android user, I recommend the Samsung gear 3 sport watch.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit Flex and One, last April my One gave up the ghost. I decided to go it alone and it was the best thing I ever did. Instead of being all about the steps I am now all about the purposeful exercise.

Maybe I give too much credit to my weight loss to a fitness tracker, but getting one for Christmas was the beginning of losing 45 lbs. so while I certainly see merit in what you are saying, I think I still need/want a tracker for the accountability.

I hope to get where you are, but I’m not there yet.

• melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I don't even care about the steps. I like to track my calories burned, hr during exercise, etc. see which days I'm less active and try to be alottle more active on those days. It's about more than steps.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Like you I found the fitness tracker worked for me. I never thought I would stick to it but it really motivates me on days that I haven't moved enough. I say if it ain't broke don't fix it. I've lost over 100 pounds in total (pre and post MFP) and have no desire to go back.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,993 Member
    Options
    Fitbit Versa or Garmin vivo-whatever that meets your needs and budget.

Because MFP integration with the rest of the world is even worse than the only occasional Garmin or Fitbit glitch.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options

Maybe I give too much credit to my weight loss to a fitness tracker, but getting one for Christmas was the beginning of losing 45 lbs. so while I certainly see merit in what you are saying, I think I still need/want a tracker for the accountability.

I hope to get where you are, but I’m not there yet.

Thanks, I'm in maintenance almost 5 years. Although in saying that since I stopped wearing my tracker I dropped a further 7lbs - and that's with my steps virtually going from 20k a day to probably 7k, if even that. (it turns out biking burns way more calories than high steps :smiley: And isn't sore on my knees)

Wishing you all the best - I know the tracker was a great gadget to get me up and moving more in my losing phase.

Ruth :smile: