Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Debate: Health and Fitness
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

More people need to get educated on weight loss surgery.

1235»

Replies

• lleeann2001lleeann2001 Member Posts: 442 Member Member Posts: 442 Member
    I am one of who is against the surgery. After surgery you need also to take care of your food if not then you may gain weight again. Actually, I know some people who did weight loss surgery and they did not keep their food good, they gain weight and become worse than before.

That of course is not the same for everyone. I am an exception....😉
  • magnusthenerdmagnusthenerd Member Posts: 1,198 Member Member Posts: 1,198 Member
    Listen people. You have to work just as hard if or when you have WLS. I guarantee you that . I had the RNY in December 2017. I "stopped" using my tool appropriately for the last 6 months in 2018 and didnt lose a pound. So now I am back on track following my doctors instructions and I am losing weight. It works if you work it like they tell the drunks. So it is definitely NOT the easy way out or else I would have lost weight regardless of what I did. And also for the so called smart people who think they know something, I was always 140 then gained 120 pounds AFTER I had my twins. I tried losing the weight the traditional way and could not do it. I was not overeating or eating late or doing any of the fat people behaviors. WLS is a tool just like someone said a personal trainer is or a prepared food delivery service is...Finallly, Dont Hate...Its all good people!....😁

Lee

RNY would actually change your absorption. If you ate and moved the exact same as someone who was otherwise your twin, you'd lose more weight. Though ultimately, if you didn't lose weight before the surgery, it was because you were either
    1. Not eating in a calorie deficit, i.e,, not increasing activity or reducing intake.
    2. An anomaly the likes never seen before in nutrition and physics.

There is a place for weight loss surgery as a tool for some people. I do worry about the ability of it to be a tool for the rates of obesity being seen globally.
    Listen people. You have to work just as hard if or when you have WLS. I guarantee you that . I had the RNY in December 2017. I "stopped" using my tool appropriately for the last 6 months in 2018 and didnt lose a pound. So now I am back on track following my doctors instructions and I am losing weight. It works if you work it like they tell the drunks. So it is definitely NOT the easy way out or else I would have lost weight regardless of what I did. And also for the so called smart people who think they know something, I was always 140 then gained 120 pounds AFTER I had my twins. I tried losing the weight the traditional way and could not do it. I was not overeating or eating late or doing any of the fat people behaviors. WLS is a tool just like someone said a personal trainer is or a prepared food delivery service is...Finallly, Dont Hate...Its all good people!....😁

Lee

RNY would actually change your absorption. If you ate and moved the exact same as someone who was otherwise your twin, you'd lose more weight. Though ultimately, if you didn't lose weight before the surgery, it was because you were either
    1. Not eating in a calorie deficit, i.e,, not increasing activity or reducing intake.

There is a place for weight loss surgery as a tool for some people. I do worry about the ability of it to be a tool for the rates of obesity being seen globally.

True that!
  • wmd1979wmd1979 Member Posts: 469 Member Member Posts: 469 Member

Lee

True that!

I think you may have missed the point...It is true, but it also contradicts your previous post.
    what is YOUR POINT? TO PROVE ME WRONG? jesus Christ you people. all im trying to do is,avoid confrontations. they are stupid.
    what i stated was true IN MY CASE!!
  • zeejane03zeejane03 Member Posts: 993 Member Member Posts: 993 Member
    what is YOUR POINT? TO PROVE ME WRONG? jesus Christ you people. all im trying to do is,avoid confrontations. they are stupid.

This is the Debate section of the forum, so things are bit more 'frisky' down here.

You should see us debate diet soda :D
    lol. no worries..😀
  • soufauxgirlsoufauxgirl Member Posts: 392 Member Member Posts: 392 Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »

Well... yes, you were. If you weren't overeating, you couldn't have gained weight. Where would the excess weight have come from?

Exactly.
  • azalea4175azalea4175 Member, Premium Posts: 117 Member Member, Premium Posts: 117 Member
    Educating yourself about nutrition is not enough to lose weight. There are things like "do you recognize hunger and/or fullness cues?" "do you know what your macros should be?" "do you have a plan in place for when your mind tells you to eat and your body goes along saying oh yeah!!" weight loss surgery is it's own kind of hard and can help those who need it kick start a healthy lifestyle. If a person has not had a healthy lifestyle for many many reasons, it is a lifesaving opportunity to start over. The "slow and steady" learning process is not for everyone, and for many who are obese there is often a feeling of why bother? WLS is only a TOOL, not a get out of obeseland free card. for those that choose that road, kudos to you for taking the initiative for improving your health.