Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Does milk/ dairy cause acne?

2»

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    so the past week I have been having dairy here and there mainly from whey(protein bars) and a little bit of greek yogurt. so far, so good. not really noticing any breakouts (yet) and my skin actually looks better. I'm also so excited to try everything that has came out in the past couple years that I have missed out on! and man oh man have a missed greek yogurt lol, even the fat free, unsweetened tasted sooooo good to me without anything on it lol. I did have some stomach pain/ gurgles initially, but could be the lack of enzymes until my body adjusts.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    so the past week I have been having dairy here and there mainly from whey(protein bars) and a little bit of greek yogurt. so far, so good. not really noticing any breakouts (yet) and my skin actually looks better. I'm also so excited to try everything that has came out in the past couple years that I have missed out on! and man oh man have a missed greek yogurt lol, even the fat free, unsweetened tasted sooooo good to me without anything on it lol. I did have some stomach pain/ gurgles initially, but could be the lack of enzymes until my body adjusts.

you could also buy lactaid pills or digestive enymes as well.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    bumping because im still curious in others experiences
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

Been pounding dairy products the past week and a half (cottage cheese, whey protein bars, Greek yogurt, some cheese, things with dairy in the ingredients) and tbh my skin looks better than it has in months.....
    I’m also cutting now which makes my skin look better, but still, no breakouts and I seriously have been eating sooo much dairy the past week+ after not eating it for over two years. First couple days I was a little gurgley/ upset stomach slightly, but I’m good now
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member

Been pounding dairy products the past week and a half (cottage cheese, whey protein bars, Greek yogurt, some cheese, things with dairy in the ingredients) and tbh my skin looks better than it has in months.....
    I’m also cutting now which makes my skin look better, but still, no breakouts and I seriously have been eating sooo much dairy the past week+ after not eating it for over two years. First couple days I was a little gurgley/ upset stomach slightly, but I’m good now

id be curious to see in a month be sure to check back for me please :)
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Anecdotal experience: dairy was the last food group I gave up when I transitioned to an autoimmune diet. I gave up everything else weeks ago. Within a week, my skin cleared up. So yes, for me, dairy triggers acne.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    honestly no clue i want to find this out for myself but i really cant, The only people i can find spewing the admittedly logical sounding stuff about the hormones in dairy and eggs and stuff are all vegans with an agenda. I cant find another angle to look at it from. Skewed data is skewed. Iv recently begun eating more dairy in the form of greek yogurt in my nicecream, i was never much of a dairy eater, But then i also hit up all i can eat chinese buffet so i cant go off what my skins doing lol. Following thread.

Not a vegan :)

My n=1 is that when I ate a lot of conventionally raised dairy back in the 90s I had female issues that went away when I switched to organic.