why don't you log?

12346»

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    Someone look at my diary and shame me for having a Big Mac for dinner. :)

I did better. There is a burger joint I really like and have it maybe once or twice a year. The 90 minute drive is worth it. They opened a branch only 5 minutes away and were having a grand opening sale. When I say a burger, I mean what shows in this screenshot is probably an unser-estimation. I also had a busy work day so I didn't move much. My day truly does look like someone who eats nothing but twinkies and fast food and doesn't exercise. (also makes for an easy first day of organized logging)

67pf92pg2nmu.png

My question is: how the heck did you manage to stay within 1650 calories for the whole day? That's awesome.

Strategically. It was a non-hungry day (any other day I would have gladly gone over), ate a breakfast that usually keeps me full for hours for very few calories, and had strawberry tea with milk when I got a little bit peckish, which is usually very successful at taking off the edge for me (feels like drinking strawberry milk). I also portioned out only 100 grams of fries because that felt plenty and had a diet 7up with the meal. Having a 14 hour work day helped keep me busy as well.

Lucky their big opening sale was on a non-hungry day.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Someone look at my diary and shame me for having a Big Mac for dinner. :)

Big Macs are disgusting. SHAAAAAAAAME on you! ;)
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Realistically, most unlogged days were "bad" days on which I was too chickenpoop to face my own "failures".

But sometimes I take intentional breaks when I feel I need them. Like lately I've decided to give 16:8 a try, so in the beginning, I simply focused on trying to stick to the 11-7 timeframe I set for myself while only kinda-sorta-maybe watching what I ate.
  • tlpina82
    tlpina82 Posts: 229 Member
    i logged everything in the beginning, not for show, but to learn my groove.

I can now estimate my calorie consumption within 100 cals of accuracy without logging, so I don't anymore.
  • katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited April 2018
    I generally log, but haven't in the past 10 days or so; too many little bits that would take longer to log than to eat... I keep my diary open so people can see if they want to, as I'm an open source sort of person. The idea that someone might be comparing themselves to me or might want to shame me for what I do (or don't) eat - or log for that matter - is not worrying to me. I live in a 'different strokes' sort of way, and am frankly used to swimming upstream; I've had 40 years practice not being bothered by what others think of me.

And, honestly, if others don't want to share their diaries, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with that. Not publicising is not the same as hiding.

ETA: I do check my weight about once a week, just to make sure I'm still on track, but my clothes tell me before anything else does. Since my aspirational wardrobe became my only wardrobe - the rest donated to charity - I have a reason to keep rocking my maintenance.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    I log daily but I will admit I am not as meticulous as I was when I was actively losing. I try to keep a couple hundred calories a day for the little tastes of this and that so I always look better than I really am, lol. I have to log just to keep myself on track tho otherwise I am sure I would go over. I share with friends only as I have no need for strangers to see what I'm eating and yes I guess there is some "I don't need to be nagged mentality" in my decision.
  • Lesscookies12
    Lesscookies12 Posts: 140 Member
    I don't log at all because I don't calorie count. I've lost 51 pounds so far just eating what I enjoy and reducing my portion sizes.