Not losing?

2»

Replies

• Lexi8472
    Lexi8472 Posts: 8 Member
    sarahbums wrote: »
    Lexi8472 wrote: »

how do you know i’m worthy of getting help? what if I don’t deserve to?

because everyone deserves to recover. Even you. No one deserves to have their life stolen and ruined by this illness.

I'm 9 months in to my own recovery, and my only regret is that i didnt seek help sooner. Instead i suffered in silence for 11 years and didn't get treatment until i was 24.

don't let that happen to you. you don't have to live like this.

thanks for understanding. i think i'm ok right now. i'll think about maybe getting help like you said
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member

because everyone deserves to recover. Even you. No one deserves to have their life stolen and ruined by this illness.

I'm 9 months in to my own recovery, and my only regret is that i didnt seek help sooner. Instead i suffered in silence for 11 years and didn't get treatment until i was 24.

don't let that happen to you. you don't have to live like this.

thanks for understanding. i think i'm ok right now. i'll think about maybe getting help like you said

dont think do it. you need to get back on track with your ED team or whoever it is you see and also look into seeing someone for you feeling like you arent worth it. you need to take control of your way of thinking and your health. I wouldnt worry about losing weight right now. not eating is NOT healthy. if you dont eat enough you lose lean mass including muscle(your heart is a muscle) you will lose hair,maybe your period, end up with brittle nails, you could end up with heart arrhythmia and other things from not eating enough calories to fuel your body, fast weight loss is not healthy for anyone unless under the care of a doctor and they are monitoring you closely.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Ohhh. idk what my current weight is. Used to have a ED so trying not to weigh myself as I’m getting back into exercise

if you used to have an ED and are now going full days without eating, it may be a good idea to get back in contact with your treatment team (Dr., therapist, dietitian, etc)....

This. Skipping full days worth of food is a bad idea for anyone, never mind someone with an ED.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    I told my therapist last week. I just really want to lose some weight first before doing her suggestions. Just can’t figure out why I’m not losing faster

what have her suggestions been?

if she's recommending treatment, please know that you don't have to lose a bunch of weight first to be worthy of recovering. You don't have to 'prove' how sick you are, or be at your lowest in order to get help. The sooner you address this, the better.

A fantastic sign of your ED being really in a bad place is when you think you're not sick enough to deserve help.
  • adarbyem
    adarbyem Posts: 83 Member
    I implore you, listen to what these people are saying. If you look at @sarahbums profile, she openly states she had fought ED and I don't doubt that there are MANY others in this community who have as well. While I don't have experience with ED, I do know that NOBODY is undeserving or unworthy of help. Get yourself better. You don't have to make weight loss your goal to be a part of MFP, in fact, you can makes posts in https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/motivation-and-support and you will likely have a large support group. Best of luck to you, and I hope you get the help you need and deserve.