Anyone cutting after a bulk?

1102103104105106108»

Replies

• jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Ok, going to bring back this topic to pair with the bulking thread.

Anyhow, as I mentioned in the bulking thread I pushed this last one to 238# (6'2 and 52 years old).

I'm in my second week of cutting now and currently at about 3K calories a day. Pretty sedentary aside from lifting weights - no cardio. Very high protein at around 250g, sometimes more. Predominantly tuna and protein powders with the random chicken thrown in. Not tracking macros aside from protein.

I'm now down to about 228# and thinking I may go to 220 and see how I feel. I actually like how I look right now - lean enough to show some ab definition, but still big in clothes. Joints are still cooperating right now and my lifts are actually pretty stable if not improving. I have no idea of my bodyfat % - I'm not concerned with a number, only the mirror. Yes, I drop weight like crazy - gaining has always been the chore for me.

ovdsfwnyapnp.jpg
  • I did a bulk in 2021 and haven’t been bothered to lose the 10 pounds I gained. I’ve committed to now. I’m not bothered about losing at a fast pace, just half a pound a week will do.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    I am working on cutting down. I was up at 173 (thank you xmas) and now down to 166. I was close to the 1000 lb club but my back decided to disagree with me and now in PT to get it fixed. Hoping to get to 160.
  • I’m going to log my weight on this thread. I need a bit of a push to keep going. Lost 3 pounds in Jan and about 2 pounds this month.
    I’m not sure how much more I want to lose. My top half is kind of lean, legs and trunk not so. I don’t want to look like a string bean. I’m gonna shoot for 135 pounds and see what I look like. Then maybe bulk after that. I don’t have a time frame in mind. Slow loss is better for me.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,691 Member
    Wow, @psulemon, I hadn't seen a post from you in months, was starting to wonder if you'd moved on.

I'm personally not cutting AFTER a bulk, but rather BEFORE a bulk. Since I'm in a no-lifting period due to an injured elbow tendon, I'm taking advantage of this time to go crazy on cardio and strict on eating to lose as much weight as possible before I get the green light start of April. At that time I can resume lifting, will swap from cutting to maintenance, add creatine, and start enjoying life again, lol.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    I've been cutting to get to comp weight. Started at 215 lbs about 3 months ago, down to 201.6. Need to be under 198.4 by April 8.
  • nossmf
    You've lost 13.4# in 3 months (average 4.5), have over a month to get 3 more. I think you're on pace to get there.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    You've lost 13.4# in 3 months (average 4.5), have over a month to get 3 more. I think you're on pace to get there.

Oh yeah. I'm not sweating it. I actually just wooshed down to 200.6 this morning. I'm gonna have room to carb-load up into the meet.
  • psuLemon
    nossmf wrote: »
    Wow, @psulemon, I hadn't seen a post from you in months, was starting to wonder if you'd moved on.

I'm personally not cutting AFTER a bulk, but rather BEFORE a bulk. Since I'm in a no-lifting period due to an injured elbow tendon, I'm taking advantage of this time to go crazy on cardio and strict on eating to lose as much weight as possible before I get the green light start of April. At that time I can resume lifting, will swap from cutting to maintenance, add creatine, and start enjoying life again, lol.

Yea, life has been very crazy. Between my kids (7 & 5), training my wife and my social media stuff for food, I am super picky on what I respond to. Most of my MFP time is modding.

Here is my current weight trends.

np6a0005mxya.png
  • psuLemon
    Under 200 this morning! 199.6.

1.2 pounds to lose in 17 days for comp!

Best of luck!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,481 Member
    Made weight, and finally pulled 400 lbs (402.3 lbs, 182.5 kg)!!! I've only been chasing that number for FIVE years.

https://youtube.com/shorts/sf0bhzF84Fk?feature=share

That was so smooth. h
  • I_AM_ISRAEL
    I_AM_ISRAEL Posts: 160 Member
    Sounds like you already know what you’re doing! Just steadily lose weight week by week and you’re golden!
  • nossmf
    I've only been chasing that number for FIVE years.

And because it's a long time coming, it feels all the better for having earned it! Well done!