Calorie Counter

Message Boards Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Anyone cutting after a bulk?

Replies

• sardelsasardelsa Member Posts: 9,629 Member Member Posts: 9,629 Member
    Hope everyone is doing well. My cutting is going well, leaning out nicely right on schedule. :)

Is anyone else bulking in the fall? I think I am going to start my bulk in October if all goes well. A little later than I wanted but that's ok. Maybe I can start a new thread for that and we can talk about all things bulk :)
  • psuLemonpsuLemon Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 36,675 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 36,675 MFP Moderator
    My weight is currently all over. My low is 164.9, and my high was 170.6. Gonna see if it levels out but i am feeling more lean.

Not sure i will intentionally bulk but once i get lean enough i plan to evaluate where i am at.
    psuLemon wrote: »
    My weight is currently all over. My low is 164.9, and my high was 170.6. Gonna see if it levels out but i am feeling more lean.

Not sure i will intentionally bulk but once i get lean enough i plan to evaluate where i am at.

Come over to the dark side >:);)
  • psuLemonpsuLemon Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 36,675 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 36,675 MFP Moderator
    sardelsa wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »

Come over to the dark side >:);)

:lol:
    edited August 14
  • steveko89steveko89 Member Posts: 1,706 Member Member Posts: 1,706 Member
    Hope everyone is doing well. My cutting is going well, leaning out nicely right on schedule. :)

Is anyone else bulking in the fall? I think I am going to start my bulk in October if all goes well. A little later than I wanted but that's ok. Maybe I can start a new thread for that and we can talk about all things bulk :)

I’d like to if I ever get lean enough. Trend line only down 0.2 for the week.

Skipped doing a skulpt scan as I played golf Thursday for the first time since last fall and have some soreness which I assume interferes with that data. I’ll plan on one for next weekend to get a good data point before I have to take a work trip 8/24-25. At least I get to go on the company plane for once.
  • watts6151watts6151 Member, Premium Posts: 735 Member Member, Premium Posts: 735 Member
    penciled in Sunday 11th April 2021 to step on stage

current plan is to attempt very lean bulk until 23th of November
    4 week mini cut
    maintenance over the holiday period
    full contest prep starting 1st jan 2021

All this is based on how well i can manage a lean bulk over my busiest work period, my TDEE is all over the
    place from day to day
  • alexmosealexmose Member Posts: 693 Member Member Posts: 693 Member
    Anyone else ever half-*kitten* a bulk b/c they like their abs? For example, some days I have bulking calories, other days I do maintenance calories.
  • alexmosealexmose Member Posts: 693 Member Member Posts: 693 Member
    alexmose wrote: »
    Anyone else ever half-*kitten* a bulk b/c they like their abs? For example, some days I have bulking calories, other days I do maintenance calories.

That's like a really slow/lean bulk or recompbulk, nothing wrong with that. Visual results (both fat and muscle) will be slower but it can definitely less scary and more gradual
  • watts6151watts6151 Member, Premium Posts: 735 Member Member, Premium Posts: 735 Member
    Day 1 of lean bulk not going exactly to plan

It’s currently 9.30 pm and I’ve still got over
    2500 cals to hit maintenance and there’s no crap in the house 🙄
    watts6151 wrote: »
    Day 1 of lean bulk not going exactly to plan

It’s currently 9.30 pm and I’ve still got over
    2500 cals to hit maintenance and there’s no crap in the house 🙄

Ohhh no. You might have to pretend you are on "Chopped" and get creative in the kitchen, or get take out! Or else try again tomorrow :p
    alexmose wrote: »

I can't speak to that but I can say I excel at half"kitten" cutting where I end up net recomping for years...
  • KHMcGKHMcG Member Posts: 761 Member Member Posts: 761 Member
    @sardelsa from that pic I would never have guessed those were 3 baby abs. Looks like a fit teenagers abs.

Great job!
    KHMcG wrote: »
    @sardelsa from that pic I would never have guessed those were 3 baby abs. Looks like a fit teenagers abs.

Great job!

Thanks! Although hopefully after this cycle I look less like a teen and more built ;)
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Member Posts: 27,122 Member Member Posts: 27,122 Member
    I think I'm finally getting somewhere.

zh74jj9um42y.jpg

Left 40 weeks pregnant, right 11 months postpartum

Honestly getting my body composition back after this third baby has been insane. I'm still not there since I'm definitely going to have to run a bulk/cut to get some mass back but that's ok it's all about the process :)

You were so cute pregnant! I was a huge blob.
  • Mr_Healthy_HabitsMr_Healthy_Habits Member Posts: 11,557 Member Member Posts: 11,557 Member
    So... Last weekend I ate

4 slices of combo pizza
    Mexican fajitas with rice and beans
    2 bottles of wine
    Several pastries
    And basically whatever else tf I wanted...

I didn't have the most active work week, although I was still pretty busy

I didn't starve myself with salads all week for dinner but had a few...

And I'm soar af all over from this week's workout...

Weight, same as last week 190ish...

#winning ✌🏼
  • oliverwncoliverwnc Member Posts: 62 Member Member Posts: 62 Member
    bioklutz wrote: »
    I am cutting. I am really starting to feel burned out though. I increased my calories a little and am hoping it will help. This article just showed up in my e-mail and I thought it was pretty interesting. If the increase in calories doesn't do it for me I may try something similar - maybe 3 weeks of cutting, 1 week of maintenance.

https://www.muscleforlife.com/diet-breaks/

100% - try it. Great for mental and physical health. Absolute game-changer for me.
    August was a bit of a net zero. Started off going gangbusters but adherence quickly waned and a few high carb and calorie days kept my trend high for the past two weeks. Workouts have been pretty consistently good, Decided to vary rep ranges throughout the week as straight hypertrophy training was getting a little stale. Sleep could be a little better but it’s largely temperature-driven; it’s cold enough overnight for the cats to be cold and want to snuggle but not cold enough for me to not get hot when they do.

Pleasantly surprised by both the scale and skulpt this morning at 172.6 and 11.1% BF. The work travel that was planned for last week got rescheduled for the end of next week and another trip is on the books for the following week. Looks like I’ll be driving for the second one so I can at least throw the bowflex DBs in the rental car if the hotel gym isn’t going to be open. Hope everyone is doing well.

vecsm58yxva3.png
    2n9chasj6but.png