Options
    SW Feb 26: 275

April 30: 251.4 (down 1.6 lbs)
    May 6: 252 (up .6)
    May 13: 249.8 (down 2.2 lbs)
    May 20: 249.8
    May 27:
    May 31:

A little late, as I don't really get on my laptop or phone on my weekends (Sundays and Mondays). I am loving that I'm finally under 250 lbs, but frustrated that I'm not really losing much weight. Not much weight loss last month or this. And I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm going to go back to what I was doing at the beginning of my keto journey and eat those kinds of foods. I was eating way too little calories and felt like crap, but if I go back to eating what I was eating, I'm hoping to at least get back into losing some weight instead of maintaining. u_u guess I'll just have to wait and see.
  • FitGirl_Scindy
    FitGirl_Scindy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello all....I'm excited to join your challenge. I updated the spreadsheet but will follow suit & enter my information here as well.

12/28/17 (SW): 192.4
    5/23/18 (CW): 176.2

Goal Weight: Between 125-145. Really I wanna look in the mirror & LIKE what I see.
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Welcome @FitGirl_Scindy ! I saw your other post. Please use the spreadsheet. I update it on the weekends. :)
  • cbishop7777
    cbishop7777 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @NikkiJRM. Yikes! Too funny!
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    rae1388 wrote: »
    I went to see family for nearly 2 weeks, where I wasn't terrible, I did have some cheats but my whole diet didn't go out the door until the day before we left. I decided that day to just not count and enjoy my time with family, but after that I found myself finding it hard to get back at it again. I was literally like "let me eat this before I start back, and that, and that" But I'm finally ready to get back on the ban wagon. Surprisingly I only gained 2lbs back. I can live with that. Today is day 1 back on, and man, the cravings and just having a desire to munch on something especially in the afternoon was really strong. I stuck with my Keto stuff, but it was still a challenge. It's crazy how addicting carbs are.

I can so relate to carb addiction. I battled and lost with free waffles and pancakes at the motel we stayed at last weekend. I’m still today NOT dealing well with that, ”just one more time before I go back syndrome” you’ve described.

I’m contemplating whether to do a 48 hour fast to lose the carb pounds I’ve gained over my 5 days and counting of telling myself, “ just one more time”? Part of me says I need to punish myself for getting off the keto track. I have done a 36 hour fast with some short-term success (4 pound weight loss). However, I’m not certain that fast didn’t contribute to my carb binge?

The other part of me says, suck it up and own the pounds you’ve gained. Get back on the moderate keto track that has worked over the last 4 months things will work out better in the long run. I’m not sure which way to go? One thing I am certain of though, today I’m not going to say, “Just one more time”.
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    @stormywxs288 The right thing to do is whatever works best for you. There is a benefit IMO to owning those few lbs. It sets you up to accept that you aren't perfect, and neither is your WL journey. It will also be gratifying to see you can make a decision about eating something, then set yourself up for success again. Indulging in carbs isn't a failure. Not getting back to the plan is. There is no reason to "punish" yourself. Life is going to be full of opportunities to enjoy food & drink. If you go into those situation knowing you have a plan to get on track right after, you won't have to deal with the guilt of, "I messed up."
  • rae1388
    rae1388 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I can so relate to carb addiction. I battled and lost with free waffles and pancakes at the motel we stayed at last weekend. I’m still today NOT dealing well with that, ”just one more time before I go back syndrome” you’ve described.

I’m contemplating whether to do a 48 hour fast to lose the carb pounds I’ve gained over my 5 days and counting of telling myself, “ just one more time”? Part of me says I need to punish myself for getting off the keto track. I have done a 36 hour fast with some short-term success (4 pound weight loss). However, I’m not certain that fast didn’t contribute to my carb binge?

The other part of me says, suck it up and own the pounds you’ve gained. Get back on the moderate keto track that has worked over the last 4 months things will work out better in the long run. I’m not sure which way to go? One thing I am certain of though, today I’m not going to say, “Just one more time”.

@stormywxs288 It's totally a struggle. I did end up throwing away a few temptations out of my house. I personally know I wouldn't be able to do a long fast like that. I would get to a point where I'm counting down the minutes until I would probably over stuff my face.
    For me, I think it's better to own the pounds and think of today as a new day. Look forward instead of behind. I've also been trying to eat Keto things that I really love to get me back in the swing of things. To fight off the sweet carbs desire, I made KetoConnect's chocolate chip cookie dough fat bombs with Lily's chocolate chips. And I did a shell-less taco salad for dinner and lunch. I think tonight I'm going to make a grilled chicken bacon ranch casserole. I also literally have to tell myself no when the thought of something high carb randomly comes to mind, and then I find something Keto, it might not be as satifiying at first, but I get full eventually and then don't want anything.
    We both can get back on tract though. We have goals and we WILL reach them. :smiley:
  • valleygirl74
    valleygirl74 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Easing back in.
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

May 27:
    May 31:

A little late, as I don't really get on my laptop or phone on my weekends (Sundays and Mondays). I am loving that I'm finally under 250 lbs, but frustrated that I'm not really losing much weight. Not much weight loss last month or this. And I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm going to go back to what I was doing at the beginning of my keto journey and eat those kinds of foods. I was eating way too little calories and felt like crap, but if I go back to eating what I was eating, I'm hoping to at least get back into losing some weight instead of maintaining. u_u guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Hi! I'm not sure what your macros are but I know for me when things slow way down I still need to keep my calories up (so I don't feel terrible), but I switch to 2 meals a day with at least 4 hours between those meals, and it seems to help things along. Is your protein high enough? That affects my loss lot as well.

Also, if I add extra walking (without eating back those calories) that helps me too. I am not a fan of reducing calories too much because I feel horrible as well, but I find it works wonders if I can make more of a calorie deficit by adding in more exercise.

Oh, and with special attention to electrolytes I lose better. The electrolytes are huge for me in how I feel and my cravings as well.

Good luck - you can do it! It's not always easy, but it is attainable and worth it!!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    The weight loss this week looks pretty good but I’ve had a stomach bug. I haven’t eaten in 36 hours and I was sick all night. I had carbs yesterday because I couldn’t stomach meat & dairy. I had toast for the first time in months. Interestingly my smart scale completely reflects the last 36 hours. My water weight plummeted and my body fat sky rocketed both by 10%. I was dubious that my smart scale really detected such things - until now. Anyways, I’m through the worst of it and hopping next weeks weigh in doesn’t show a gain.
    NSV - I bought a fabulous white jumpsuit this week off a sales rack. I didn’t have time to try it on in the store. When I got home my friend was like,”try it on, I want to see it.” I came strutting out runway style and she said, “Oh my god, your body looks amazing!”
    I’m so proud of everyone on here!! All of your successes and efforts keep me going!!

Highest - 195'ish
    2/28 - 183.5

Tues. May 1st - 166.8
    Sunday May 6th - 167.2 (+.4)
    Sunday May 13th - 165 (-2.2)
    Sunday May 20th - 163 (-2.0)
    Sunday May 27th
    Wed. May 30th

Remember that those body fat impedance scales (that run a small electrical charge through you to determine the impediment of your body fat - those register higher body fat when DEHYDRATED... And if you've been sick...yeah, a good bit of that was dehydration, not straight up body fat.

I hope you feel better, and I bet rocking that jumpsuit felt amazing!
  • KnitOrMiss
    edited May 2018
    Options

May 27:
    May 31:

@xDaniDragonflyx

I don't know about you - but when my scale moved, my inches didn't. When my inches moved, my scale didn't.

So, if you haven't checked lately, I'd say it's definitely worth checking to see where all you might have shrunk! <3

EDITED TO ADD: Don't forget for every 5%-10% of body weight you lose, you need to reset all your numbers - and building in a stage of maintenance to give your metabolism a healthy check and reset your highest "set" weight... Recommendation is 6 weeks to 6 months at each stage. My upper weight used to be over 300...and I took some time to seriously maintain in the 270 range, so now, that 270-280 range seems to be my upper weight limit without serious repeated binging and horrible behavior...I have to work to go over that, but even being extra lazy, that's where my body likes to stay, while I'm practicing my maintenance. :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    rae1388 wrote: »
    I went to see family for nearly 2 weeks, where I wasn't terrible, I did have some cheats but my whole diet didn't go out the door until the day before we left. I decided that day to just not count and enjoy my time with family, but after that I found myself finding it hard to get back at it again. I was literally like "let me eat this before I start back, and that, and that" But I'm finally ready to get back on the ban wagon. Surprisingly I only gained 2lbs back. I can live with that. Today is day 1 back on, and man, the cravings and just having a desire to munch on something especially in the afternoon was really strong. I stuck with my Keto stuff, but it was still a challenge. It's crazy how addicting carbs are.

@stormywxs288

Food is fuel. Food (or lack thereof) is NOT PUNISHMENT.

Fasting is a TOOL, not a TORTURE DEVICE.

In my opinion, the best thing you can do right now is figure out how to banish the guilt. As completely as you can.

Were pancakes and waffles the BEST fuel you could have chosen? No. Was your body able to use the fuel? Yes. Did you get some modicum of nutritional value from them? Yes. At least the "vitamin fortified" stuff, mostly likely. Did you stay off on a 4 day pancake bender? No.

The phrase - Keep Calm and Keto On comes to mind...

But more so than that - the times like this, where we have little blips off our plan - that's why we fight so hard the rest of the time - so that those blips stay little, and 5 years from now, you probably won't remember the carb fest at all, except maybe to laugh at doubting yourself...

Life happens, and we simply can't plan for every single contingency. What we can do is put ourselves in the best position for success - and even better - in the best position for a successful rebound! I think you've got this...I just don't think it's occurred to you yet. Just the nature of the questions you're asking now - versus the ones you might not have even asked a year or five ago...so impressive.

(hugs)

And thanks for the hilarity of your dog dancing in celebration tale. I'm completely jealous. Since I had my gallbladder out in December of 2000, Digestive Pyrotechnics and I are way, WAY too well acquainted.

Oh, and P.S. My first major carb bender - I gained 10 pounds the week of American Thanksgiving, and just hopped back on plan that following week - and by the end of it, 9 of the 10 pounds were gone - it was mostly water fluctuations! Very little actual fat. It happens, accept it, learn from it, and move on with your life!
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss Thanks!!