Less Alcohol- May 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    @sophieanna17 We're happy to hear from you! Sounds like you've done very well these last few months. Let us know how your 30 days is going. Keep some visual reminder like a sticker chart or download the Dry January app to keep track. Best wishes- you can do it!
  • Sophieanna17
    Sophieanna17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Love the idea of the app, will definitely get it!
    This is the best group. Thank you!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    jecky74 wrote: »
    Today is 30 days AF for me. I feel so proud of myself.

Amazing! So happy for you!
  • SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @kpsyche Exactly! The more I moderate the less I really care if I have one or not. It's taken some time to get there, but it's getting there.

Doing good @jecky74 !
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    I need this group right now. I am spiraling back to my pre-January ways :(
    Last week I had a bad weekend and I was determined to get on track, and Monday I did. Then I lost it again. I ate very unhealthy Tuesday through Sunday. Tue and Wed I had just two drinks each night, but that is two more than someone who is planning on only Saturday drinking should have. Thur, Fri and Sun I got completely trashed each night. Ironically Saturday is the only day I didnt drink ...
    In the first four months this year I have handled not drinking at work events very well. But this weekend there were two events and I got really out of control.

I have become very uncharacteristic of the new me I’ve become so proud of. And honestly I feel like I’ve behaved even worse than I used to in my old ways ...

Here is to hoping all of your inspirational stories can get me back on the right path

Eric, I think we have all been where you are. I often wonder why I sabotage myself. Its as if I have to break a rule, even if its mine!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    I need this group right now. I am spiraling back to my pre-January ways :(
    Last week I had a bad weekend and I was determined to get on track, and Monday I did. Then I lost it again. I ate very unhealthy Tuesday through Sunday. Tue and Wed I had just two drinks each night, but that is two more than someone who is planning on only Saturday drinking should have. Thur, Fri and Sun I got completely trashed each night. Ironically Saturday is the only day I didnt drink ...
    In the first four months this year I have handled not drinking at work events very well. But this weekend there were two events and I got really out of control.

I have become very uncharacteristic of the new me I’ve become so proud of. And honestly I feel like I’ve behaved even worse than I used to in my old ways ...

Here is to hoping all of your inspirational stories can get me back on the right path

Erik- I've been there before. It's like a run away train; after I start, I don't stop.
    What's the longest you've abstained? Maybe you can challenge yourself to beat that record. Little steps at a time.
    I think just like our diet, we need to put in the consistent hard work to abstain for a period of time, so our brain readjusts.
    Why don't you write down the reasons you want to abstain. What were your triggers? Keep a journal each day, so you can remember why you want to be AF most of the time.
    I don't know if my advice is helpful, but these things worked for me. I want to send you a big hug. Because many of us have been there, and may be there again.
    TODAY Is a new day. It really is! Day 1 AF xoxo

• kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @tamera_g - second Julie's suggestion of Le Croix - so many great flavors. I've also done plain club soda with a little grapefruit or other kind of juice. Something about bubbles seems more drinklike. You can also put that in a wine glass, which for some bizarre reason helps me. Low calorie cocoa might also work for you?
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @Sophieanna17 - welcome! I think you'll find this group absolutely nonjudgmental and supportive. The first couple of weeks can be tough, so just put one foot in front of the other. Hugs!