Wait.What? You even weigh THAT?

13»

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,967 Member
    I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to this or any compulsory thing you must do.

Weigh enough to be accurate enough - weighing and logging are tools or means to an end, not goals in themselves.

If whatever you are doing is working, based on real life results, ie whether you are losing as expected - then keep doing that.

Me personally - I never weighed to absolute accuracy - I called every similar size piece of whatever fruit a medium one, I accepted packages as having what they said, every slice of bread as being the same etc

That worked for me, and I reached my goal weight doing it that way throughout.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    It really matters in the last few pounds. This morning I had a piece of bread that was +20% less than the serving size listed on the nutrition facts. A couple of nights ago I had a granola bar that was 15% more. In the big picture, it only matters to me that I logged something. Logging something precisely is a technical capability both at home and at work, but I still find myself often agreeing that the Nutrition Facts is good enough.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    I have maintained for years now and I still weigh my cereals, bread, avocados, fruit, peanut butter, cheese, and meats. Things I don't weigh are packaged meals and protein bars...I know I should but if I am maintaining why bother. I usually have one frozen meal a day for lunch and two protein bars as snacks a day.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,967 Member
    It really matters in the last few pounds. This morning I had a piece of bread that was +20% less than the serving size listed on the nutrition facts. A couple of nights ago I had a granola bar that was 15% more. In the big picture, it only matters to me that I logged something. Logging something precisely is a technical capability both at home and at work, but I still find myself often agreeing that the Nutrition Facts is good enough.

That wasn't my experience.

As I said, I did the same thing throughout my weight loss journey, right to goal weight, and it worked for me the whole way.