I have been eating 600-800 calories a day...

12346»

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Guys....help. I've only been able to eat 600 calories per day. I'm stuffed.

But I need to add that it's 6 Oreos and a glass of milk. I figure I get my protons, carbs and healthy fats. Will I be able to lose weight?

Of course! You're obviously eating a vegetarian diet, so weight loss is guaranteed. Duh.
    The above is a joke and referencing another thread where the poster maintained that not eating meat led to a healthier diet overall.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    How can you get a proper amount of protons without meat?!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    kgeyser wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Guys....help. I've only been able to eat 600 calories per day. I'm stuffed.

But I need to add that it's 6 Oreos and a glass of milk. I figure I get my protons, carbs and healthy fats. Will I be able to lose weight?

Of course! You're obviously eating a vegetarian diet, so weight loss is guaranteed. Duh.
    The above is a joke and referencing another thread where the poster maintained that not eating meat led to a healthier diet overall.

There is no flagging for sarcasm option... :angry:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    dbmata wrote: »

This is my question as well. And what about the quarks? Why does everyone overlook the need to balance the appropriate quark ratio?
  • I'm in this same calorie range as well. I have an everything bagel and regular cream cheese for breakfast, home made soup for lunch and a decent dinner. (Last night was meatloaf, mashed tatos, and corn.. all home made) I just started using this app and was surprised my intake is that low. I have maintained the same weight 125-130 for years at 5'5". I hate exercising and do not follow any workout plan, but I do cook 95% of my meals from home. The highest I have hit is 1100 on one day and I'm averaging 750 by the weekly #s. LOL, I've also had 3 kids. I don't have any fears of losing/gaining weight, I just heard about this app and wanted to track what I'm eating for the fun of it.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »

This is my question as well. And what about the quarks? Why does everyone overlook the need to balance the appropriate quark ratio?

You gotta be careful about which quarks you eat too. Charm quarks will surely make you fat. They are the key ingredient in Lucky Charms. You also want to avoid too many Bottom quarks as they make your bottom big. Up quarks make your weight go up instantly.

If you stick to Down quarks, and Top quarks you should be OK. Strange quarks are, well, strange, and make you both lose weight and gain it at the exact same time. Be careful with those, as nobody really knows their true effect.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    smada068 wrote: »
    I'm in this same calorie range as well. I have an everything bagel and regular cream cheese for breakfast, home made soup for lunch and a decent dinner. (Last night was meatloaf, mashed tatos, and corn.. all home made) I just started using this app and was surprised my intake is that low. I have maintained the same weight 125-130 for years at 5'5". I hate exercising and do not follow any workout plan, but I do cook 95% of my meals from home. The highest I have hit is 1100 on one day and I'm averaging 750 by the weekly #s. LOL, I've also had 3 kids. I don't have any fears of losing/gaining weight, I just heard about this app and wanted to track what I'm eating for the fun of it.

Then you're either eating more than you think, or there's an underlying medical condition. My 6 year old doesn't maintain on 600-800 calories.