Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Groups Weekly Weigh In Group
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Positive Vibes Daily Thread

tinkerbellang83tinkerbellang83 Member, Premium Posts: 8,843 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8,843 Member
I think it's really important to try and have a positive outlook on life, there are times in the past when I have let negative vibes overwhelm me and ruin my day, something which I try to avoid doing now, so feel free to join me in letting other's know what you are grateful for today, if something good happened or just something generally positive. Even if you have had a rubbish day, or something is bothering you, let's see if you can put a positive spin on it.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83tinkerbellang83 Member, Premium Posts: 8,843 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8,843 Member
    hp7oedd7815z.jpg

I haven't logged any food at all over the bank holiday weekend, this is the first time I have actually not logged at all when away in about 18 months, but I had such a fantastic time with friends I hadn't seen for a long time that it doesn't matter.

Over the weekend I drank a lot, I ate a lot of indulgent food, but I also walked a lot of miles, my steps for the week were almost 100,000 and I am actually a pound down from Friday's weight this morning.

I will be back to normality from today, logging all the things. I am truly grateful for those MFP buddies that have been around since Dec 2016 and beyond who have been my cheerleaders, I hope I have been able to do the same for them.
    edited May 2018
  • tinkerbellang83tinkerbellang83 Member, Premium Posts: 8,843 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8,843 Member
    2tiqx2gkwtyz.jpg

This is totally true for me.

Today I am grateful for my own strength, my body continues to surprise me regularly with what it's capable of. Something that I am especially thankful for when there are people out there who have been affected by injuries and disabilities, who would love to be able to do some of the things I can but don't have the option.
    sv7iui6pydat.jpg

I went to see Amy Schumer's new film I Feel Pretty yesterday, it was so funny but a little sad because the way the character sees herself before hitting her head is how so many women (and men) see themselves.

So remember you aren't fat, you have fat and you can get rid of that. It does not dictate your self-worth, be proud of yourself every single day!

• ArdaelArdael Member Posts: 246 Member Member Posts: 246 Member
    It never actually occurred to me that by saying I am fat I reduce myself to a single thing, that I was accepting the fat I have as my identity, like a name almost...

Hum...
    uvsec054fur2.gif

This weekend I am taking part in a charity event for Suicide & Self Harm Prevention & Support. Hopefully the money I raise can go someway towards helping those who feel they have nowhere else to turn and have no other options; and those who have been left behind by those who sadly didn't get the help they needed.

Today I am thankful for the people I've had around me on the darkest days of my life who were there to help me realise there is always another option.
    nf3qewt325v9.jpg

One of my favourite things to do for fitness is to get out and enjoy the outdoors, in the last year I've discovered I don't hate jogging, I can get uphill without dying and that I really enjoy rowing.

I am thankful to the company I work for, for supporting our rowing team by building us a boat, sponsoring us with gear and membership to a local club and allowing time off for training. If it were not for a chance conversation with one of the Directors, I would never have considered trying to row (I am quite freaked out by being in the water, unless it's a pool or very clear water) and would not have discovered how much I enjoy it.
    172exe7xpk78.jpg

It's Monday, it's a new week, but any day is good for a fresh start, I've never had the "diet starts Monday" mentality, Monday is as good a day as any to make positive changes that will benefit you long term.

Today I had a fleeting thought out of nowhere, I don't know why, about a kid I used to go to school with, we sat next to each other in class in 1992, he died in his early teens from leukemia, it doesn't seem fair. So with that thought I am thankful for my good health and every day that I get on this earth, there is never certainty that we will get another so it's important to make the most of each day.
  • ltlsnbl75ltlsnbl75 Member Posts: 38 Member Member Posts: 38 Member
    I know I have let my fear hold me back many times
    ltlsnbl75 wrote: »
    I know I have let my fear hold me back many times

Great quote!
    f2tm5ctpc489.jpg

Always be you and do things your own way, there are always people who will tell you who to be, how to be and what you should be doing but that doesn't mean they are right.

Today I am thankful for my Fit Fam who are an inspiration to me and a tower of strength, thanks for being there and supporting me being me.
    ja89jwmzggq1.jpg

We have had a couple of beautiful days of weather here in Cork, the sunshine is definitely improving my mood and helping me be that little bit more active.

Today I am thankful for this lovely weather and the way it boosts my mood!
    2wz3wvco2mh3.png

Been a bit quiet as I was away Friday to Sunday. I had a lovely weekend.

Today I am thankful for the lessons life has taught me and the memories I've made.
    uq54qntgn1dd.png
    Today I am thankful for comedy & laughter, second to sunshine it's the world's best medicine.
    Happy (Dry) Hump Day!
    o5qh434pdv2g.png

Today I am thankful for my bodies ability to bounce back after a pretty intense race. I rowed 22km on Saturday and then spent about an hour lifting boats out of the water. I went for a big drinking session and had the Sunday off from exercise but was back at it Monday morning with an early morning jog, a walk along the beach and a 6km row.
    5aeag1z1rb2j.png
    I like this one :lol:

Today I am thankful for the great weekend I've had, a lovely mix of hanging out with friends, keeping active and seeing some beautiful views.
    cz55g11z8fg7.png

Today I am thankful for every day, it's easy to get into the habit of living for the weekends because WORK but there are plenty of things that can be done in the evenings, especially in the summer when the nights are longer. So this is a reminder to myself to stop wishing life away!
    msg55y1pdzyk.png

Today I am thankful that I've had that strength to change not so much what I've been putting on my plate (although there are improvements there too) but that I have put much less on it.
    Got kind of busy last week, but I am here for the long haul so a week is just a small portion of time...

d23llsssbr72.png

I am thankful today for having access to water, a thing a lot of us take for granted, it's around 28 degrees (C) here today and I can't imagine gasping with thirst, but there are homeless people and people overseas, in a lot hotter places than this, that don't have the same access to basic hydration as the rest of us.
  • train2succeedtrain2succeed Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Up to 117°F (47.2°C), here, in the Summer. We'd gladly swap for a little rain!