Options
13»

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I love coffee - how do you make and take yours? @avskk

Depends on how much time I have! I am embarrassed/proud to say I have five different coffee-making mechanisms at my house and several kinds of beans. This morning I made moka espresso (espresso beans) and poured it over ice for a quick iced Americano. Some mornings I make regular drip coffee (light roast). In summer I make a lot of cold brew -- I actually have a special cold-brew carafe. Sometimes I make French press coffee (medium Italian roast, either hot or I use the press to make quicker cold brew for iced). And on lazy weekends I tinker with my actual espresso machine, which I haven't quite gotten the hang of yet. I tend to drink all of these either black or with just a little touch of flavored creamer. My favorite so far is the moka espresso, especially over ice, but really I just love any coffee I can get.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    I love coffee - how do you make and take yours? @avskk

Depends on how much time I have! I am embarrassed/proud to say I have five different coffee-making mechanisms at my house and several kinds of beans. This morning I made moka espresso (espresso beans) and poured it over ice for a quick iced Americano. Some mornings I make regular drip coffee (light roast). In summer I make a lot of cold brew -- I actually have a special cold-brew carafe. Sometimes I make French press coffee (medium Italian roast, either hot or I use the press to make quicker cold brew for iced). And on lazy weekends I tinker with my actual espresso machine, which I haven't quite gotten the hang of yet. I tend to drink all of these either black or with just a little touch of flavored creamer. My favorite so far is the moka espresso, especially over ice, but really I just love any coffee I can get.

I thought my house had a lot -- we have a moka, an espresso machine, and a french press. I also do cold brew, but I don't have a special carafe. Oh, we also have a little special saucepan-type thing for Turkish coffee.

We're really into coffee.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I knew you were my kind of people, @janejellyroll. I just knew it.
  • ffswmn
    ffswmn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I usually have a Dannon light and fit greek yogurt with granola or flaxseed added. If I'm still feeling hungry some fruit. If it is a REALLY hungry morning 1 egg, 1 egg white, green onion and tomato scrambled then put it on 1/2 an english muffin or a bagel thin. Coffee and water
  • 0ssum_Bl0ss0m
    0ssum_Bl0ss0m Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake every morning or a serving of oatmeal if I am out of protein shakes.
  • jonagolddreams
    jonagolddreams Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I had a couple of hard boiled eggs, will probably do the same tomorrow. Convenience is the name of the game for the foreseeable future. :( I did get some lovely ideas from this thread for future, less harried breakfasts, so thanks for that!
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I rotate between:
    Poached eggs over broiled or sautéed veggies
    Greek yogurt over cinnamon baked apple
    Zucchini pancakes

All depends on availability of ingredients that morning, time availability, and goals for the day.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been cooking my way through Julia Child's quiche chapter, about one per week. They are fairly light and I like eating them with some veggies. And they are not that much work when you buy pre-made pie crusts (shhhh don't tell her).

This morning I am (not) ashamed to report that I ate chocolate almond ice cream direct from the ice cream maker, with a sliced banana. I made the custard last night and had the ice cream maker finish the batch while I got dressed for the gym.
  • rachelsentinel
    rachelsentinel Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ValeriePlz wrote: »
    Lately I have been cooking my way through Julia Child's quiche chapter, about one per week. They are fairly light and I like eating them with some veggies. And they are not that much work when you buy pre-made pie crusts (shhhh don't tell her).

I use Julia’s base recipe for all of my quiches - just made one yesterday for Mother’s Day (with shallots, ham, and asparagus). They are perfect! I do use her recipe for pie crust as well (because I like making pie crust - I do roll them out into the pie plate and freeze them ahead of time).
  • giovanna88fit
    giovanna88fit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fit tiramisù en2gr2qilmed.png