Intake on rest days?

2»

Replies

• BipolarSora
    BipolarSora Posts: 21 Member
    Hello there. Jessica asked if we eat the same or less on a rest day, and our reason why. I gave my opinion based on what I do. And why I do it ✌what I do of course May differ from someone else's opinions. There are many different way to achieve ones goals I believe. Especially when it comes to fitness
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Hello there. Jessica asked if we eat the same or less on a rest day, and our reason why. I gave my opinion based on what I do. And why I do it ✌what I do of course May differ from someone else's opinions. There are many different way to achieve ones goals I believe. Especially when it comes to fitness

You're right, there are lots of ways.

In your other post you used "you" (or rather, "u" and "ur") which implied it was what others needed to do. Had you simply used "I" the tone/inference would have been very different.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

You didn't say why you did it. You said what others should do, but you didn't really explain why.
  • BipolarSora
    BipolarSora Posts: 21 Member
    Yeah that's my fault... English isn't my best language unfortunately
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    mulecanter wrote: »
    CICO means you should eat less unless the math has changed.

Or if you base your CI/CO balance on a timeframe longer than a day.

This. I use TDEE, which means I'm eating the same every day, give or take, but the deficit will vary based on whether I'm active, not as active, or not active at all.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    I'm OCD about not going over my logged calories. But many times my rest day is after a really hard workout and I'm starving and need food to recover. Also, usually I don't even want to eat back all the exercise calories on the work out day. So I bank some - I have custom entries under exercise and food called bank in and bank out - and move some of my deficit to the rest day.

In practice this usually means eating about the same gross calories per day.