Options
2»

Replies

• Lyrica7
    Lyrica7 Posts: 88 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    But that is the test of compassion and patience. When someone is feeling miserable with this seemingly insurmountable task in front of them and they have wasted weeks doing something wrong. This is especially when we don't naturally relate to them. It would be easy if everyone was like you.

I guess I am alone in being one of the few people in this thread that has failed at dieting in the past. There have been plenty of times I was willing to do the work but I lacked the knowledge at that time to understand why the scale wasn't moving so I got more and more strict and exercised more and more until it got the better of me. Now I am not much of a whiner but the last thing I needed in that moment was someone trying to smack some sense into me.

I'm a longtime dieter and I tend to forget that someone posting might be a first time dieter-so I don't post if I think it will get gnarly with them because of my lack of patience. That being said I still think people should read and research before posting then if they still truly don't understand something there are plenty of folks who will help them out in the Forum.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    So true, OP. I think I just clicked on the post that prompted you to write this. I find that often, it's people who are starting out for the first time (regardless of age). My 24 year old thinks it's all common sense, but it really isn't. People have to sort through a truckload of information on this site, and the amount of untruths that they interpret as good advice is crazy.

But you're spot on: it's a bumpy ride. And it's for life.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I am hoping it will b a smooth ride from here, but it won't be on auto pilot. The only difference for me so far in maintenance is a different calorie goal. Still tracking everything I eat, every day.
  • Atepfer
    Atepfer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Losing weight (or getting healthy) is a solo journey that people can take together. It's still a solo trip, but at least there is someone to talk to sometimes B)