Macros and Protein

2»

Replies

• NoExcusesFromNowOn
    NoExcusesFromNowOn Posts: 76 Member
    I eat a ton of dry curd cottage cheese. It's 35 calories and 8 G protein. I mix it in almost everything. It hardly has any taste. It's in bags by the regular cottage cheese in the grocery store.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Cottage cheese.

Plain greek yogurt mixed with protein powder and frozen fruit (keeps it sweet but not as many carbs as sweetened yogurt). If I make it into a smoothie, I add some unsweetened almond milk and some ice. Makes it super thick and takes a while to drink through a straw and is a bit more satisfying than a typical smoothie.

I use cartoned egg whites to bulk out my omelets, so two regular eggs plus two servings egg whites from the carton.

Fish (cod, shrimp) if you like it. You can eat a lot of it for low calories and high protein.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I eat a ton of dry curd cottage cheese. It's 35 calories and 8 G protein. I mix it in almost everything. It hardly has any taste. It's in bags by the regular cottage cheese in the grocery store.

I've seen that in the store, but not quite sure what to do with it. I eat a fuckton of regular cottage cheese.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    I can hit 128g or protein pretty easy in a day. Things I eat:

Protein bars
    shakes
    cottage cheese
    cheese (Babybell is my favorite)
    eggs (you can do a lot more than hard boiled)
    chicken
    nut butters
    Greek yogurt