Crazy hungry at night

2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    You've lost 25 lbs, with 20 lbs to lose, it's really ok to eat a bit more. If you feel that you ate 'everything' and still have a 400 calorie deficit, that's your problem right there. It's much harder to keep a bigger deficit when you have less to lose because you get so HUNGRY. Seriously, change your goal to 1500 pre-workout at this point. You will lose slower, but it will be much more manageable.

For a pre-bike snack, I'd honestly have a granola/energy bar and fruit or something. You want the carbs for energy. My snack of choice is some kind of cheese with fruit, but I don't know if that would tide you over. Or yes, eat more at lunch.

The 3 lbs you gained at probably water, I wouldn't even worry about it.

Thanks! Isn’t a calorie deficit what we want at the end of the day. Yesterday I ate 1500 calories and had a deficit of almost 500 calories.

I brought veggies and cheese for my pre bike snack. We’ll see how that goes!

I was hungry last night but I had like 4 cups of air popped popcorn. I thought the dates were too sugary !

The calories that MFP gives you includes a deficit. You should net your calorie goal, and make sure it's appropriate to start with.

This. When you select your goal on MFP, it already includes a deficit. If you pick the 'lose 1 lb a week' setting, it will be 500 calories. So if you still have 500 calories at the end of the day, that's actually a 1000 deficit... which is way too high for what you want to lose assuming that you're logging accurately.

Now, 25 lbs since November is about 1 lb a week, so that's why I advised to only add 200 calories a day. I'm not sure how accurate your logging is, but it's easy to find out... If you have MFP set on 'maintaining your weight' and kept a 500 deficit every day, you're good. If you have MFP set on 'lose 1 lb a week' and kept a 500 extra deficit every day, and only lost 1 lb a week, it means you're eating more than you think anyway.

Double check your MFP settings.

Ahhhhhh! I had no idea. I saw a -486 at the end of my day and thought that was it.

Yeah my weight loss was steady but slow. Now it’s just stalled and well up 3 pounds from last week. I weigh myself tomorrow so we will see!

If you're at -456 at the end of the day (and the number is red), it means you're eating at maintenance (assuming a 1 lb a week setting).

I'm confused.
  • Jolenepiche
    Jolenepiche Posts: 33 Member
    You've lost 25 lbs, with 20 lbs to lose, it's really ok to eat a bit more. If you feel that you ate 'everything' and still have a 400 calorie deficit, that's your problem right there. It's much harder to keep a bigger deficit when you have less to lose because you get so HUNGRY. Seriously, change your goal to 1500 pre-workout at this point. You will lose slower, but it will be much more manageable.

For a pre-bike snack, I'd honestly have a granola/energy bar and fruit or something. You want the carbs for energy. My snack of choice is some kind of cheese with fruit, but I don't know if that would tide you over. Or yes, eat more at lunch.

Thanks! Isn’t a calorie deficit what we want at the end of the day. Yesterday I ate 1500 calories and had a deficit of almost 500 calories.

I was hungry last night but I had like 4 cups of air popped popcorn. I thought the dates were too sugary !

The calories that MFP gives you includes a deficit. You should net your calorie goal, and make sure it's appropriate to start with.

This. When you select your goal on MFP, it already includes a deficit. If you pick the 'lose 1 lb a week' setting, it will be 500 calories. So if you still have 500 calories at the end of the day, that's actually a 1000 deficit... which is way too high for what you want to lose assuming that you're logging accurately.

Now, 25 lbs since November is about 1 lb a week, so that's why I advised to only add 200 calories a day. I'm not sure how accurate your logging is, but it's easy to find out... If you have MFP set on 'maintaining your weight' and kept a 500 deficit every day, you're good. If you have MFP set on 'lose 1 lb a week' and kept a 500 extra deficit every day, and only lost 1 lb a week, it means you're eating more than you think anyway.

Ahhhhhh! I had no idea. I saw a -486 at the end of my day and thought that was it.

Yeah my weight loss was steady but slow. Now it’s just stalled and well up 3 pounds from last week. I weigh myself tomorrow so we will see!

If you're at -456 at the end of the day (and the number is red), it means you're eating at maintenance (assuming a 1 lb a week setting).

I'm confused.

You’re confused?! I’m confused!

Here is yesterday’s numbers:

1200 calorie goal - 1126 calories consumes - 819 exercice= 893 in green at the end of the day....
    I don’t see red numbers
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    If your goal is 1200 and your exercise burned 800, you should be eating at least half those exercise calories back (according to popular MFP wisdom)
    The way you have it you only netted 400 calories yesterday and that's not enough. You should lose at 1200 well measured/weighed calories.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Biking for 2 hours and only eating 1126 calories? That is why you are hungry.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited May 2018

I'm confused.

You’re confused?! I’m confused!

Here is yesterday’s numbers:

1200 calorie goal - 1126 calories consumes - 819 exercice= 893 in green at the end of the day....
    I don’t see red numbers

If you told MFP you want to lose weight, your deficit is already in your calorie goal. You should be eating 1200 cals plus at least some of your exercise calories. You are hungry at night because you are aggressively undereating!