Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What is your "Petty" Reason to Lose Weight?

Replies

• 19KCMama19KCMama Member Posts: 59 Member Member Posts: 59 Member
    @Frompumpkin2cinderella Where I’m from “aunty”, is a compliment. It CAN denote age, but usually it’s not meant in a negative way. I’m curious what “aunty” means in your neck of the woods?
  • Frompumpkin2cinderellaFrompumpkin2cinderella Member Posts: 170 Member Member Posts: 170 Member
    19KCMama wrote: »
    @Frompumpkin2cinderella Where I’m from “aunty”, is a compliment. It CAN denote age, but usually it’s not meant in a negative way. I’m curious what “aunty” means in your neck of the woods?

I live in India and aunty has variety of meanings to it. From respectful to downright naughty.its used to address 55 year old gray haired lady and also what Americans call milf you know mature horny chick :p now I'm pissed coz it was said by a chick so I wonder what she perceives me as :#
  • Frompumpkin2cinderellaFrompumpkin2cinderella Member Posts: 170 Member Member Posts: 170 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    19KCMama wrote: »

I live in India and aunty has variety of meanings to it. From respectful to downright naughty.its used to address 55 year old gray haired lady and also what Americans call milf you know mature horny chick :p now I'm pissed coz it was said by a chick so I wonder what she perceives me as :#

Well, I'm not in your culture, but in my culture, one possible interpretation would be that she views you as someone strong, mature, admirable, and worthy of the respect she'd give someone older than herself/yourself.

But what do I know: I call myself an "internet auntie" and "internet granny" pretty often, in a joking way, as an attempt to reassure people that I mean well and wish them well, even when I'm being a little bit frank and lecture-y. 😉 (I'm way older than you, 65, and genuinely gray-haired. It's a great time of life, in my world - especially as a survivor of advanced-stage cancer . . . I don't know why people diss age so much.)

I really admire you. You're my mom's age and seeing you here rock your biceps in your DP inspires me to work hard. I think I'm gonna talk to my mom about importance of fitness at an advanced age!

About age- I come from a very agist society. Here aunty is also used my 'boys'(won't call these immature idiots men) to insult women as to imply that we are over the hill and should sit and home and knit and pray! It really sucks
  • GazelleLadyGazelleLady Member Posts: 91 Member Member Posts: 91 Member
    The smaller cycling shorts are cheaper.