Calorie Counter

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What is your "Petty" Reason to Lose Weight?

Replies

• GeneveremfpGeneveremfp Member Posts: 268 Member Member Posts: 268 Member
    tempe987 wrote: »
    I have lots of reasons for wanting to lose weight... Some of them border on petty, most of those are tied to self-esteem reasons. But the one that I feel the most guilty about is wanting to wear "normal" sized clothing. I've been overweight since I was a kid I never knew what shopping at Abercrombie or Aeropostale was like as a teen or whatever the adult equivalent is now. I shop at one place, I cannot just go somewhere and buy clothes. I cannot get cute souvenir/nerdy/comic shirts. It is so superficial and we're "told" that isn't a good/healthy reason to want to lose weight!

Nothing to feel guilty about! It's a motivational reason and you're allowed to want to feel pretty - or even normal.

I think wearing clothes is a good reason because you have something really solid and physical to measure.
  • KHMcGKHMcG Member Posts: 687 Member Member Posts: 687 Member
    Make superheroes look out of shape.
  • Dogmom1978Dogmom1978 Member Posts: 230 Member Member Posts: 230 Member
    Because I'm 31 and I figure I only have a few good years left to dress "sexy" and I want to take advantage of that lol. (I'm aware that I can dress and be sexy at any size or age, but the cutest clothes tend come in straight sizes, unfortunately)

If you have the body for it, you can dress as sexy as you please at any age. Plenty of celebrity women in their 40s would be insulted by a comment like that. 😜
  • heisterman2heisterman2 Member, Premium Posts: 8 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8 Member
    I'm a mom...but I want to be a MILF!

I am so on board with that too