Calorie Counter

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What is your "Petty" Reason to Lose Weight?

Replies

• jmakleanaddojmakleanaddo Member, Premium Posts: 101 Member Member, Premium Posts: 101 Member
    Summer. Beaches. Shorts. Rompers.

Looking fit or ok or great is unacceptable. No wiggle room for mediocrity in the looks department. Hot and ageless are the end goals. An ageless physique to be exact.

Please be kind to yourself. Often, you will be all you've got.
    My pettiest reason is that I might have to see an ex in a year. But petty reasons abound!

I would like to stop dressing defensively.

I would like to stop being the fat sister.

I would like to not go into the next phase of my life looking older than my years.

You got this! Just make some goals and stick with them! Stick it to your ex in a year. It will feel great. But as you said in a previous post, be kind to yourself on your journey. Take care!
  • jmakleanaddojmakleanaddo Member, Premium Posts: 101 Member Member, Premium Posts: 101 Member
    I just want to be happy with myself. I don't care what others around me do. I need certain things for myself. When I stop focusing on working out then I stop caring what I eat... then I start becoming unhappy.

This is exactly how i feel! This is exactly what happened to me. I hope you stick to it! Life is full of ups and downs but when you find something that matters to you, you never lose sight of it! Stay on your purpose friend!
  • ixchelkeshetixchelkeshet Member, Premium Posts: 32 Member Member, Premium Posts: 32 Member
    My wonderful sleep doctor after the exam and tests said that "If I was any bigger I would be a scared cow in his country"
    My wonderful sleep doctor after the exam and tests said that "If I was any bigger I would be a scared cow in his country"

I am blowing a gasket in your behalf! That was dreadful. I had a chiropractor brag to me, "I bet you didn't think I could do that," because he had managed to roll me over or something, which I took to be a quip about my weight. An oaf is an oaf, even in a white coat. Hold your head high and keep working your health plan. Sending you hugs.
  • springlering62springlering62 Member, Premium Posts: 1,388 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,388 Member
    I want to start historybounding, and the stuff I like are the seriously bodycon medieval dresses. Fitted, self-supporting (no bra to spoil the lines) from shoulder to low hip, and fitted sleeve to the wrist. I want to wear that dress and have men stop in their tracks to look a second time, but I also want to STAY in that dress once I've put in the time and energy to make it.

I had to look this up! This is way cool! I could totally get into this.