Calorie Counter

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What is your "Petty" Reason to Lose Weight?

1888990919294»

Replies

• angmarie28angmarie28 Member Posts: 2,108 Member Member Posts: 2,108 Member
    it makes me feel good mentally, and to my surprise, I like seeing my muscles take shape.

Also my mom has always talked about how fat she was and she would see heavier people and say things like "Id be so embarrassed to look like that" and "It never wear clothes like that" refering to someone her size or bigger wearing more fitted clothing. Shes a little bigger now due to meds shes on, and she hasnt changed at all. Shes a great person, and works in customer service, people love her, I havent met one person that she knows that doesnt love her, but that bit of her drives me insane, and I catch myself hating my body and hearing her voice echoing in my head. So I never want to be the big person that she talks about behind their back.

Lastly, I like when I get comments like "you have 4 kids??? wow you look good" "Theres no way I would have guessed you were 32" (I get carded a lot, but Ive always looked younger then I am) and I like when I catch guys eyeballing me, hahaha. I am married, and my husband tells me all the time how good I look, but it feels almost like he has to say that because hes my husband, but when other men notice, its a confidence booster.
  • angmarie28angmarie28 Member Posts: 2,108 Member Member Posts: 2,108 Member
    thought of one more- I wear scrubs to work, I discovered I can fit into xs scrub tops and small bottoms, but they are a bit snug (they have no stretch to them) but I have a big butt, and small upper body (natural but also do lots of lifting) and my butt looks quite nice in my scrub bottoms, and they as a whole look good on me and I look like I have a nice figure in them. So I bought a few pairs and I dont want to wear my small and medium tops or my medium bottoms anymore because they are frumpy looking, and not flattering at all IMO.
  • The_Elephant_ManThe_Elephant_Man Member Posts: 11 Member Member Posts: 11 Member
    cppeace wrote: »
    Is a better variety of sex positions petty? Lol I can't make my mind up.

>:)
  • heatherbluebellheatherbluebell Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member

Omg, that is my petty thing too!

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Member Posts: 1,099 Member Member Posts: 1,099 Member

Omg, that is my petty thing too!

Well, it's not why I'm getting thin (I'm already very very flexible) but the games we like to play demand that I be strong physically.
  • BearCountryHermitBearCountryHermit Member Posts: 8 Member Member Posts: 8 Member
    So I can train my new mountain pony under saddle. She's small, but I did the calculations, and thanks to my shortness, I could get my weight down enough to be able to ride her at least to teach her the basics. She's only a baby now and won't be ready for a about a year, so I have a year to lose 55 lb, totally doable!
  • Diatonic12Diatonic12 Member Posts: 6,264 Member Member Posts: 6,264 Member
    silverpl, nothing petty about any of that. There's so much there but it's all close to the heart. Looking forward to your success story.
  • AwesomeSquirrelAwesomeSquirrel Member Posts: 469 Member Member Posts: 469 Member
    kdbulger wrote: »
    I will run faster if there is less of me to propel.

Same - I can add that to my list of reasons!