I lost 20% of my body weight in 300 days.

Options
12346»

Replies

• RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Last week I wore a bikini and felt quite confident 😁 These are the results of my 4 week attempt at losing the “winter fluff” and getting ready for summer, happy with my results 😎
    a1mgayjvd3ul.jpeg
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    eh9lomegno53.jpeg
    Bumping with a pic from Monday’s trail run :)
  • GregInORL
    GregInORL Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    eh9lomegno53.jpeg

i love seeing your barefoot runs. I tried a barefoot beach run and absolutely ruined my feet.
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    GregInORL wrote: »
    eh9lomegno53.jpeg

i love seeing your barefoot runs. I tried a barefoot beach run and absolutely ruined my feet.

Oh that’s terrible :o your poor feet! Yea it’s like anything, gotta start out really slooowly. It took me about a year of slow gradual progression to really be able to get the form down and strengthen the muscles and other foot structures. But running this way has allowed me to eliminate the terrible shin splints I suffered from when running in shoes. It turned out to be so fun I’ve stuck with it for about 5 years now but I still occasionally have to check my form :)
  • thkdiffgirl
    thkdiffgirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! What a great success story. I admire your running abilities, especially barefoot! Im a similar build to you and I just started to train for a marathon, hope to be like you oneday :) When you first started running was it really difficult? How long did it take you to run miles without stopping? I just started and I have a lot of respect for people running, especially while a bit heavy, its so hard. 😊
  • RunsWithBees
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @thkdiffgirl Thanks so much! That’s so awesome you are getting into running! When I started it was very difficult for me, I could only run a few seconds before getting out of breath! But I just kept at it and little by little it got easier to go just a little bit further and before I knew it I was finally able to run a mile without stopping. I’d say it took me a good year until I really felt like I had my form down and could run efficiently. I didn’t use a program but I would recommend the “C25K app” to follow. My bf (while overweight) followed it and transitioned faster to running than I remember doing so definitely check that out. It’s a program that starts you out with running/walking intervals, gradually increasing the running parts until you build up stamina. Basically that’s what I did on my own but in a more structured and easy to follow way on the app. Add me as a friend if you like, it would be great to see your progress! As far as the barefoot part, I got into that because I was desperate to get rid of shin splints I was getting while running. It worked, haven’t had shin splints in my almost 6 years of running and I think it feels free and fun so I continue to run this way. I am going to post a piece on how I started berfooting but I just haven’t gotten around to writing it yet :)
    Happy running!
  • thkdiffgirl
    thkdiffgirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I will give the running app a try. I will add you as a friend, thanks for all the inspiration you provide to all us newbies of running . You are a rockstar! 😃👍
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!