Based on your total calories consumed for today, you are likely not eating enough.

2»

Replies

• bsmaltz2
    bsmaltz2 Posts: 9 Member
    I am diligently entering everything I eat. I am showing a deficit needed to lose weight per the app. The only problem is I am hungry. I am trying to stick to the recommendations. Maybe I am burning more during exercise than the credit I am getting?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    bsmaltz2 wrote: »
    I am diligently entering everything I eat. I am showing a deficit needed to lose weight per the app. The only problem is I am hungry. I am trying to stick to the recommendations. Maybe I am burning more during exercise than the credit I am getting?

You should really start your own thread, so replies to you and to the original poster don't get confused.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited June 2018
    Thanks All, okay this is what I see:

Based on your total calories consumed for today, you are likely not eating enough.

For safe weight loss, the National Institutes of Health recommends no less than 1000-1200 calories for women and 1200-1500 calories for men.

So I've been eating enough to consume 1350 calories to be in between 1200 - 1500. Perhaps this is not correct? and on days that I train I run off 600 calories. My goal according to MFP is to consume no more than 1838 calories per day in order to lose weight - 82kgs down to 77kgs.

If I run off 600 calories, should I then consume an extra 450 (74%) back plus my daily target of 1838? This would see me eating more than I'm supposed - 2288 which means I wouldn't lose any weight?

I weigh the food that is not labelled ie bread rolls, and also select from the pre-defined database. Thx.

think those calories are a little outdated and cant find that info anywhere. anywhere I have read says that no less than 1500 calories for men and no less than 1200 for women and that is not just MFP. that is quite a few legit sites I have looked up. heres one
    https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/eat/calories.htm
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Thanks All, okay this is what I see:

For safe weight loss, the National Institutes of Health recommends no less than 1000-1200 calories for women and 1200-1500 calories for men.

So I've been eating enough to consume 1350 calories to be in between 1200 - 1500. Perhaps this is not correct? and on days that I train I run off 600 calories. My goal according to MFP is to consume no more than 1838 calories per day in order to lose weight - 82kgs down to 77kgs.

If I run off 600 calories, should I then consume an extra 450 (74%) back plus my daily target of 1838? This would see me eating more than I'm supposed - 2288 which means I wouldn't lose any weight?

I weigh the food that is not labelled ie bread rolls, and also select from the pre-defined database. Thx.

Dude...as has been stated, the weight loss deficit is built into your calorie GOAL. You aren't trying to run a deficit from your deficit. 1500 is pretty much the minimum for a male and it also assumes a sedentary lifestyle. You will also note that exercise isn't factored into your activity level with MFP...that's why you get additional calories for exercise...that is how that activity is accounted for. If you're training, you're obviously not sedentary...common sense.

I lose easily about 1 - 1.5 Lbs per week eating around 2300-2500 calories.

All you're doing is destroying the muscle mass you have by severely undereating.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,135 Member
    Your deficit is built into the calorie goal you're given before exercise, so by eating back exercise calories you're just keeping your deficit the same.

Exercise cals taste delicious by the way! [/quote]

I don't see any difference in taste between regular daily calories and exercise calories.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Your deficit is built into the calorie goal you're given before exercise, so by eating back exercise calories you're just keeping your deficit the same.

Exercise cals taste delicious by the way!

I don't see any difference in taste between regular daily calories and exercise calories.

Riiiiiiiight
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    My exercise calories taste like brownies and that is indeed better than any other food. :p