Can eating too few calories stop you from losing weight?

2»

Replies

• AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    The answer to your question is yes, only because if you starve yourself, you will eventually overeat. Human nature.
  • beachbody4l
    beachbody4l Posts: 208 Member
    You will not magically gain weight from eating too low, if that were the case we wouldn't have starving children in the world.
    I lost a LOT of my weight at first eating very, very low amounts. I'm saying unhealthy and very damaging amounts. I lost a little bit of hair, and my face is much more wrinkled from lack of nutrition, but I did lose weight and quickly. This is not to say I would recommend it, but the less you eat the more you will lose. As long as you don't go into binge mode and eat it all back. I actually find it is harder to NOT overeat after years of heavy restricting. So...I guess decide for yourself if it's worth it.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Yes to the question, because eating too little will reduce your energy levels and make you less willing to move and burn calories. True, there is a point you can go below which is "just enough to maintain body functions" but that's pretty low.
  • hotmammabear1
    hotmammabear1 Posts: 2 Member
    I would be very careful taking advise from a discussion board. Best to rely on evidence based information for advise. Check this article, it has the science to explain how the body works, what "starvation mode" really is, and how to deal with it. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/starvation-mode