Question for women who have lost weight

13»

Replies

• mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    I was small busted until I turned 40. I gained a lot of weight after I quit smoking at age 53. Weighed in at 190, bra size 38D. I lost band size consistently as I lost the weight. Somewhere around 130#, the cup size went, too. I now am maintaining in the high 1teens and really don't need a bra any more :( 32B because, well, I can lol
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Be sure you always have a properly fitting sports bra for your workouts and a couple for every day. Bad things can happen to the big girls if not properly supported. It can get $$ in between sizes, but is important.
  • mathiseasy
    mathiseasy Posts: 165 Member
    I wanted to comment on your second question. I've not read the thread so sorry if this is covered, but if you are able to spend the extra dollars on a bra that fits, I would do it as you keep losing weight. You deserve to feel comfortable and supported at any size, not just your goal size.
  • layladrew26
    layladrew26 Posts: 111 Member
    Ive lost 65 lb and gone down a band size and cup size.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited June 2018
    Remember that cup size is measured proportional to band size. This means that if you lose fat around your rib cage and also lose it in your breasts, your breasts will get smaller and band size will go down, but your cup size might stay the same. That’s what happened to me for most of my weight loss process. I started as a 40DDD. After losing 100 pounds I am now a 32D, but I did not lose any cup sizes until very late in my weight loss. I just dropped band sizes until the last 25-30 pounds or so.

As far as bras, I figured out that I could sometimes get them cheap on Amazon if I didn’t care what color they were. I wore my regular bras far too long. But I always made sure my sports bras fit!
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    I've lost 64 lbs. My bust went from 44DD to 40DD
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I've lost over 130 lb and only went from a snug 40DD (probably should have gone to a 42F in reality) to a comfy 36D. I'd say, not all that big a change considering my jean size went from 26 to 10.

But - I seriously had such back fat at my heaviest, that it looked like I also had C/D cups on my BACK too, and that's totally flat and gone. That's not breast tissue of course, but man I'm glad that's not a thing for me anymore!
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    I understand what you are going through, as I lose weight the rest of me gets smaller but my full bust stays the same and just ends up looking even larger :s it depends on your genetics, since I have very dense breast tissue (as per mammogram) short of surgery, my breast size simply isn’t going to budge :( there are good minimizer bras that help, Bali makes some good ones.
  • layladrew26
    layladrew26 Posts: 111 Member
    I'll take some of your spare breast tissue monkeefan. Mine are like half empty water balloons now :'(
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    When I lose, I lose boobs. When I gain, I gain boobs.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    I lost 26 kg and lost a lot in the band, a little in the cup size and regular strength training keeps the girls perky.

Was big busted and still am for my new size but much better proportions and far more comfortable.
    Yes, I did go for bra fittings twice over the last year.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Mine have gotten smaller, but proportional to getting smaller everywhere else. I'm still a DD, but the band size has decreased from 36 to 32.

Keep in mind that as band size decreases so does cup volume per 'letter'. A 36C has more cup volume than a 32C.
  • ladybug4233
    ladybug4233 Posts: 217 Member
    When I lost weight I went down from a 34 to 32 but my cup size stayed the same.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Mine have shrunk proportionally. I've always had a large bust and smaller waist and now i have a large bust and small waist. I'm a 28FF/G down from a 32GG. Those who have gone down a back size and stayed the same cup have lost from the cup otherwise when going down a back size you would go up a cup size. For example if a 34C lost a back size but not cup they would wear a 32D.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    I've lost almost 40lbs and my band size went down, but not the cup size. I think it's genetics mostly.
  • KWebb84MFP
    KWebb84MFP Posts: 10 Member
    In the past, I lost plenty in my bust. I have always been large-busted, so I didn't become flat-chested, but they took on a slightly deflated look. I think this was from losing at a fast pace using mainly cardio with VERY limited lifting.

This time, I plant to lose through sustainable changes to my diet, along with equal parts cardio and weights. I'm hoping this avoids the deflated look and I fill out with muscles a bit. I enjoy the strong, toned look.
  • abbynormalartist
    abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
    If it was me, I would stick to inexpensive sport style bras if you're losing weight steadily. It's likely your size will change and good bras are pricey! I didn't have a lot to lose but with just 10lbs my boobs got much smaller (unfortunately). It's genetic and and will be different for everyone. My mom was small chested as a young woman and then her boobs got really big when she was in her 40s.... I'm hoping I get that gift in a few years ;)
  • ginjennie
    ginjennie Posts: 80 Member
    Only my band size as I have lost alot if back fat.