Less Alcohol- July 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: Yes, there is a meeting for women only in our area. One close by & one not so close by. Thanks @salleewins for your reply also.

Hope everyone has a lovely day <3
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: Yes, there is a meeting for women only in our area. One close by & one not so close by. Thanks @salleewins for your reply also.

Hope everyone has a lovely day <3

Craig Beck is my go to guy for a reality check. I’m really happy for you. You have done so well! Xo
  • RubyRed427
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @andysport1 I’m happy you found us. You have many good insights and you give us a boost of confidence with your words. Hope you are doing well on your journey.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Today I am praying for this poor woman. This song is beautiful and heartbreaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z0Q2MrOtuE
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @melliness congrats on day one!
  • SunnyDays930
    Options
    Today's Sober School lists some books if interested. https://thesoberschool.com/books-about-sobriety/
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Yikes, I had no idea who Demi Lovato was until Jen’s post and I googled her.
    She was in rehab at 18yrs old. Celebrated 6 years of sobriety in March. And then a month ago she released that Sober song, which is an apology to family and fans about not being sober anymore. And now this ... my heart goes out to her
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @melliness awesome ! Day 1 down. Now only think of Day 2. You can do it !
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @erikNJ eye opening data ! I actually thought you'd see much more alcohol ads. Maybe I'm more conscious of it because the commercials catch my eye.

I've always been convinced the junk food companies must sprinkle some addictive powder into the food. Not sure if that's the case but.
  • SunnyDays930
    Options
    Julie, they do use all kinds of techniques to get you addicted to sugar. Read "Salt, Sugar, Fat." By Michael Moss. It was incredibly eye opening.