Less Alcohol- July 2018- One Day at a Time

Replies

• Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    @whitpauly congratulations on your decision and your AF days
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    welcome @whitpauly. That's 20 days straight for you! Fantastic!
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    @JenT304 😂 older folks that makes me laugh a bit I do wonder where the time went
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    NormInv wrote: »
    Day 31 today.....January felt a lot better and lost a lot more weight back then...this time around not so much....but I feel better

Awesome Norm! At least you gave your organs a rest! And you probably gained a lot of other benefits. Will you continue?
  • RubyRed427
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Hi all,I used to be an all day/everyday drinker for years,about 7 years ago I became more of a,"binge drinker" going weeks,months with nothing then going whole hog,my goal is to finally put drinking in the past,,I've been sober since July 5

Congrats! You’ve made it 20 days!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    NormInv wrote: »
    Day 31 today.....January felt a lot better and lost a lot more weight back then...this time around not so much....but I feel better

What about the long flowing hair?
  • RubyRed427
    @Ke22yB I read your story and am so thankful you wrote it. Yes as we age, we may accumulate regrets, but thankfully your family stuck by you.
  • Cleosweetie
    Cleosweetie Posts: 71 Member
    edited July 2018
    Orphia wrote: »
    But I do have lots of friends on Facebook who post lots of pictures of themselves drinking! Haven't quite got to the point of not being a bit put out by that. Tending towards feeling superior to them though. :smiley::lol:

I read somewhere that, ironically, posting a lot of pictures of alchohol (pretty picturesque drinks, pictures of yourself drinking, etc.) to social media can be a sign of alcoholism. And with the three people I can think of who do that/used to do that, it's true. (One has been sober for five years.)