July 2018 Running Challenge

Replies

• KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    @Teresa502 - I just seen that LeConte trail. It’s one of my favorites! Congrats.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    @ContraryMaryMary oh thats so frustrating! Sat nav just isn't set up properly for NZ roads. I find Google maps is usually the best but even then. I'd be so disappointed!

Thanks everyone for the kind words! It's still a struggle to let go of scales after 20 years of looking at them! I'm just reading the 60 odd posts im behind lol
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    @Avidkeo -- @Stoshew71 should be starting it soon, and when it is ready, a link will be posted in this thread. :)
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Well the good news from my Xterra race was I managed to place second in my age group - by four seconds. But considering we started at the very back of the field, I'm sure I could have easily won it!

Awww that's both brilliant and disappointing! well done on a good race
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Great job to @sarahthes on the trails, @MobyCarp on the ski slopes, @ContraryMaryMary (sorry about your troubles getting there, but congrats on the AG placement!), and anyone else I missed!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Oh, I forgot to mention I saw one of the rarest sightings a Texan can see on my run this morning....a LIVE armadillo!! I mean, that is like seeing a unicorn :o

We never see them but we hear them all the time when we run the boardwalk after dark. They get up under the boardwalk and when you go over them, they leap up into the air and slam into the underside of the boardwalk, scaring the pants off unsuspecting runners! That trick of defensively leaping up is why the natural state of armadillos appears to be "dead on side of highway" - they leap up when cars drive over them, and hit the undercarriage. But of course you know this already!