July 2018 Running Challenge

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent @biketheworld @MegaMooseEsq etc
    i've seen a few times people with a map on the back of their shirt and they x or color in the state. some are nonspecific but i met an adorable couple in WA who were doing half marathons in each state. they did one in Fort Atkinson in WI so we bonded over the awesomeness of the state

I like the shirt idea! I'm still quite a few miles away from half marathon distance, but I suspect it might be a good distance for me. A half in every state sounds like a fun goal!

There is a 50 states marathon club and I'm pretty sure there is a 50 states half marathon club too. I'm thinking about joining the 50 states marathon club at some point since distances beyond marathon still count. So a 50K, for example, still counts as a marathon as long as the other rules are followed (it has to have 10 finishers, has to be published, etc.).

Yes - Marathon Maniacs and Half Fanatics are the names of the groups. I have friends that have completed to the 50 state marathons or are working on it. I looked into half fanatics but you have to meet certain criteria like doing 3 halfs within 90 days or something and I haven't done that yet. Not sure I'm really interested in all their rules of membership. I think it's fun to add new states but I'm not going to make it a goal.

Maybe there is more than 1. I was thinking of this: http://www.50statesmarathonclub.com/ and this https://www.50stateshalfmarathonclub.com/
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Way too many rules for these groups. If I did something like this I'd just do it on my own. LOL
  • Gary_Z
    Gary_Z Posts: 19 Member
    nice night for a run 2.3 miles at 9.2 min/mile pace

exercise.png

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Maybe there is more than 1. I was thinking of this: http://www.50statesmarathonclub.com/ and this https://www.50stateshalfmarathonclub.com/

No, you're right. That's the 50 state one. I was confusing it with the Marathon Maniacs because I hear my friend talk about them both, I conflated them I guess. The maniacs and fanatics are just about doing a lot of marathons/halfs, not necessarily the 50 states. Sorry!
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Worked 13 hours today unexpectedly, so no run. Hoping to get my last 2.55 in tomorrow night.

• joannedrummond5
    joannedrummond5 Posts: 229 Member
    July 1 - 10 km club run
    July 2 - 22 km long run
    July 3 - sick
    July 4 - sick
    July 5 - sick
    July 6 - sick
    July 7 - 10 km run
    July 8 - 6 km club run / 14 km run
    July 9 - 12 km city run
    July 10 - rest day
    July 11 - 23 km run
    July 12 - 23 km run
    July 13 - rest day - Tapering
    July 14 - rest day
    July 15 - 10 km club run/8 km run
    July 16 - 18 km run
    July 17 - rest day
    July 18 - 10 km run
    July 19 - rest day
    July 20 - 5 km last taper run
    July 21 - rest day
    July 22 - 21 km Greenbelt Half Marathon
    July 23 - rest day
    July 24 - rest day
    July 25 - 14 km run
    July 26 - 20 km run
    July 27 - 19 km run
    July 28 - 8 km Football B Grade Water Girl
    July 29 - 22 km trail run
    July 30 - 10 km run
    July 31 - 24 km run

309 km's run with goal 350 km

Didn't quite make it to goal. There's always next month.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    @shanaber Awesome race report,bad luck on the portojohn search! At the 9th mile :o?!? What were they thinking. Way to go for your daughter on her new PR as well!💪👟

Circuit training with PT today, she killed arms and shoulders. Half mile on the dreadmill this morning as a warmup. 47.1 endomondo and 6.7 dreadmill miles for total 53.8/50 for July. See y'all in next month's challenge.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    great race report on the SF 2 HM @shanaber. Sorry there was no portapotty, if it makes you feel better there were NONE at all during the marathon trail race.....I guess that's what trees are for...........