Ask a real woman...

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,701 MFP Moderator
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    How do you feel about "yes, dear"?

Also just because of those old sexist ads posted earlier in the thread:
    wn9elleb9611.jpg

Mr Sugar and I jokingly say yes, dear to each other all the time. :)
    Isn't it strange how standards change? Throughout much of the 20th century it was all about women being too thin and needing to fatten up. Then it was Twiggy time. Now it's about muscles but still being thin-ish.

MFP mods have a certain allure that even executive secretaries who eat cannolis can't always overcome. Ask @4legsRbetterthan2 .

Im an evil old hag w a hairlip and warty nose. No appeal here.

Seen the pic. False statement. Have people ever told you you're cute as a button? Is that a compliment or an annoying statement

I dont think its annoying, but I dont really get it. Some old saying make sense, but I dont really look at a button and think "oh, how cute!". I wonder how it came about.

PS gotta keep up my evil mod face. Also, I miss the days when I was just a robot horse.

Do some googling. One source I found says it originated from telling people it looked like they had measles or chicken pox. :astonished: Other sites say that buttons are small and cute.
    I have a question for a real woman:

Is Bartolo Colon sexy?

There's me out of the real woman category. Who dat??
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator

I dont think its annoying, but I dont really get it. Some old saying make sense, but I dont really look at a button and think "oh, how cute!". I wonder how it came about.

PS gotta keep up my evil mod face. Also, I miss the days when I was just a robot horse.

Do some googling. One source I found says it originated from telling people it looked like they had measles or chicken pox. :astonished: Other sites say that buttons are small and cute.

I found where the origional phrase was probably "bright as a button" and that makes sense (back when buttons were brass and people tried to keep em polished and shiny. It also says it is "supposed to be used for small things, like children" so I don't think I qualify ;)
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member

wn9elleb9611.jpg

Isn't it strange how standards change? Throughout much of the 20th century it was all about women being too thin and needing to fatten up. Then it was Twiggy time. Now it's about muscles but still being thin-ish.

It's so confusing. I vote we go back to the original beauty standard.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member

wn9elleb9611.jpg

0e67acc26c.jpg
  • alancorey1979
    alancorey1979 Posts: 112 Member
    How do we know you are a real woman and not one of those crazed sex androids from West World?
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member

wn9elleb9611.jpg

Things haven't changed that much
    ptk3ythcv9ej.jpg

to today
    heovogr2gph5.jpg

• Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    53lcc8up7ott.jpg

How accurate is this chart?

That chart is all wrong.

please clarify
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    edited July 2018
    Is it selfish to take a woman on a first date to a baseball game, even if I know the woman is not a baseball fan...she did say she was willing to “give it a try, if I step outside my comfort zone on a later date...”

not on a first date no. compromises are for later. besides aren't you trying to get to know each other.. not happening there.
  • Mazda_Mx5
    Mazda_Mx5 Posts: 722 Member
    I didn't read all the thread " to much to read "
    Sorry if this is a repeat.
    But
    I was wondering how did you become a MFP Moderator ?
  • Josh_Friedman
    Josh_Friedman Posts: 112 Member
    What's your position on men who wear leggings/tights to the gym?
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    16orxilnznja.jpeg

• BrSpiritus
    BrSpiritus Posts: 190 Member
    87cra8bcbsqk.jpg
  • lhebert1969
    lhebert1969 Posts: 63 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    Why are romantic movies full of so many toxic relationship ideals?

Such as?

For instance not taking no for an answer, in almost every romantic movie, the guy gets rejected at first, but keeps trying, eventually to "win" the girl over. The worst example of this is the Notebook, where he threatens to commit suicide unless the girl goes out with him.

I had a guy try to say that to me once..needless to say, that relationship didn't last much longer..lol
  • sugaraddict4321
    How do we know you are a real woman and not one of those crazed sex androids from West World?

Never heard of it, so I guess I'm not one. I might be crazy, though. You never know. ;)
    ecjim wrote: »
    ptk3ythcv9ej.jpg

to today
    heovogr2gph5.jpg

Who says she's today's standard though?
    Mazda_Mx5 wrote: »
    But

They promised me cookies. :cookie::cookie::cookie:

As long as they don't steal my leggings or tights, I don't care. I don't care what men or women wear to the gym, I'm not there for a fashion show. :)

• Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member

wn9elleb9611.jpg

I think it's back already. And standards may change and maybe people are influenced by them. . But I still think beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
  • Mazda_Mx5

Never heard of it, so I guess I'm not one. I might be crazy, though. You never know. ;)
    ptk3ythcv9ej.jpg

to today
    heovogr2gph5.jpg

But

As long as they don't steal my leggings or tights, I don't care. I don't care what men or women wear to the gym, I'm not there for a fashion show. :)

I kind of was asking a serious question .
    But
    I guess that works.

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited July 2018

ptk3ythcv9ej.jpg

to today
    heovogr2gph5.jpg

But

But
    I guess that works.

The mods and staff pick active members who have been around a while and stayed out of trouble, and ask them to be volunteer moderators. Nova is the queen of the mods, she recruits them, trains, and tries to keep us all on the same page.

This has already been discussed a few time, but for any new people or lurkers: those of use who have "mfp moderator" under our name are volunteers. We help oversee the forums, but we dont have anything to do with how the company is run, or how the app works. We dont actually work for mfp, we just help in our spare time. So thats why we are not always able to respond to reports, pms, tags immediately.

ETA: there is also a thread with instructions on how to nominate a moderator in the news board.

• Mazda_Mx5

ptk3ythcv9ej.jpg

to today
    heovogr2gph5.jpg

But

But
    I guess that works.

The mods and staff pick active members who have been around a while and stayed out of trouble, and ask them to be volunteer moderators. Nova is the queen of the mods, she recruits them, trains, and tries to keep us all on the same page.

This has already been discussed a few time, but for any new people or lurkers: those of use who have "mfp moderator" under our name are volunteers. We help oversee the forums, but we dont have anything to do with how the company is run, or how the app works. We dont actually work for mfp, we just help in our spare time. So thats why we are not always able to respond to reports, pms, tags immediately.

ETA: there is also a thread with instructions on how to nominate a moderator in the news board.

Thank You .
    That was very helpful.
  • sugaraddict4321
    But
    I guess that works.

I thought my prior serious responses were killing the thread so I offered something light-hearted. :) Plus, they really did offer cookies. I've yet to see them, so clearly I got suckered. ;):cookie:

Also +1 to what @4legsRbetterthan2 said. Being a mod sounds glamorous but it's really not. You need a thick skin and a wicked sense of humor, and you also need to really care about the community you mod. You can't play favorites with people on your friend list or warn and ban everyone you disagree with. ;)
  • Mazda_Mx5
    But
    I guess that works.

I thought my prior serious responses were killing the thread so I offered something light-hearted. :) Plus, they really did offer cookies. I've yet to see them, so clearly I got suckered. ;):cookie:

Also +1 to what @4legsRbetterthan2 said. Being a mod sounds glamorous but it's really not. You need a thick skin and a wicked sense of humor, and you also need to really care about the community you mod. You can't play favorites with people on your friend list or warn and ban everyone you disagree with. ;)

Thank You .
    Sounds like fair rules .