80 Pounds Lost In 21 Weeks

Replies

• PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    JustMeandZ wrote: »
    I'm new here (well actually, I was on MFP years ago and lost 70 pounds, .....but over time, regained it)...so now I'm back "again"... but I Just wanted to say I think you did a GREAT job and you should be SO proud of yourself!! WTG!!

Thank you so much for the kind words. Like you, I too have lost weight in the past but re gained it. Most I lost in the past was about 50 lbs but I didn't care to learn all about everything affecting my weight gain back then. I just gained it back but never researched or talked with doctors or dieticians to learn more. I also never did the blood and urine lab tests back then to see where I was at health wise. So I have a whole different outlook and knowledge about it all now and am taking a whole different outlook on it all. I'm now looking at it as a way of life. Something that I will do from now on to stay healthy. Sounds like you are thinking along the same ways with wanting to lose the weight again. I wish you all the best and stay focused and positive :smile:
  • PaulChasinDreams
    You have a magical place for your hike!! When I was a child, my grandmother and I used to pick blackberries, so seeing them in the wild is a nice memory.

I think so too :smile: It's literally right out my back door. Our property backs on to 400 hectares of federal park where there's well kept horse trails running all through it with different elevations so I can get a great work out with beautiful scenery. :) Love the black berries! Same here; we grew up picking them all over the place. Usually we gotta be quicker than the bears at it though cause they usually know where are the good supplies of them are lol.
  • kcbrown613
    kcbrown613 Posts: 2 Member
    Your story is definitely inspirational. I am just starting my journey and my goal is to lose 130lbs. You motivate me to make it become a reality. I am excited to go on this journey.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    kcbrown613 wrote: »
    Your story is definitely inspirational. I am just starting my journey and my goal is to lose 130lbs. You motivate me to make it become a reality. I am excited to go on this journey.
    Awesome that's great to hear! So happy I can help with the motivation :smile: You can do it!!
  • Bluesea81
    Bluesea81 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm not done my fat loss yet but I thought I would post up my successful journey so far to this point. I started my fat loss at 274 lbs on Feb 2 2018. Today I am 194 lbs and it's June 29 2018. This works out to an average loss of 3.8 lbs every week.

I have lost this fat while under full supervision of my Dr and a Dietician. I do not recommend anything here by posting this info. Every individual should only ever lose weight under strict supervision of professionals and fully research info on their own. I am posting this so folks can see and review my journey and results so far.

I get blood/urine lab tests every 2 months. All of my health markers have improved greatly. When I started I was pre diabetic, had high blood pressure and the early signs of a fatty liver. Currently I am not pre diabetic, I have perfect blood pressure and my lab results are showing no more signs of a fatty liver. My doctor and dietician have been amazed with the massive health improvements in such a short time as am I and my family.

I have been eating low carb combined with OMAD intermittent fasting. From the beginning till now my one meal eating window has been in a 30 min to 45 minute window. So 23.25 to 23.5 hrs of fast every day. During my fasting hours I have only taken in water, electrolyte powder (zero calories), pink salt, and black coffee. I have not skipped a day in these 147 days of eating this way. My daily carb intake varies from 10 grams up to 40 grams but I never do two 40 gram days in a row. If I eat as high as 40 grams one day I will drop it to 10 to 20 grams the following day. My macros daily run around 10% carbs/30% protein/60% fat give or take a few % here and there. Doing this I have stayed in full ketosis every day. Fully keto adapted. Testing with a blood ketone monitor.

I am not done with my goals yet. My goal is to get to around 14-15% body fat then to adjust my macro's/caloric intake if needed to gain lean mass to further my health improvements and body comp. I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

I have taken tons of pictures along the way so eventually I will update with more pictures but these ones give a good Idea where I started from and where I am today.

**Edited by myself to add the word "fat" that I forgot in my macro percentages.

gp7l3igzidh9.jpg
    tzk8objnlx6j.jpg
    35xspycn5d16.jpg
    ixpd5x274a1y.jpg
    g58qh5fummvh.jpg
    rh162cm4akj5.jpg
    ocbn5sfbzq6b.jpg
    vmntyj1ekhtc.jpg
    r4td8bbkpq38.jpg
    i678o0th447e.jpg
    a3caxbpsa1od.jpg
    aodb9t0rnldw.jpg

Well done! Thanks for sharing.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Bluesea81 wrote: »
    Well done! Thanks for sharing.
    My pleasure. Thank you!
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Fantasic!!!!!!!
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Fantasic!!!!!!!

Thank you!
  • PaulChasinDreams
    These numbers can't get any better!! 🤗👌👍 my cardio is getting very good too. Long hikes up steep inclines with lots of jogging and barely breaking a sweat and heart rate staying consistent and low yay!! Such a crazy feeling doing activities now being 93 lbs lighter. I feel like jogging everywhere lol cause of the light feeling. 181 lbs today

72cm9srq6gu0.jpg
    sh4yn5zog8cn.jpg
  • neeciejean3
    neeciejean3 Posts: 22 Member
    Wow you look great! Congratulations on all you have accomplished!
  • BTeast843
    BTeast843 Posts: 1 Member
    Inspiring. Thanks for sharing this.
  • hjsportsed1
    hjsportsed1 Posts: 52 Member
    Great job, man!
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Congratulations!!! Hard work DEFINITELY paying off!! :)
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Wow you look great! Congratulations on all you have accomplished!
    BTeast843 wrote: »
    Inspiring. Thanks for sharing this.
    Great job, man!
    Congratulations!!! Hard work DEFINITELY paying off!! :)

Thank you very much!! <3
  • PaulChasinDreams
    There is a lot of info to take in in this video but it is well worth the time to watch every minute of it. Lot's of scientific terms that may seem confusing but if you find yourself wanting to know then write them down and look them up afterwards. So far from all of my research, books read, videos watched, this Dr is very in tune with everything myself, my doctor, and our control group of folks have found out while living this ketogenic life style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zX3tfuKIlo&amp;fbclid=IwAR1N04sG3X1DYXWYlonF0EIgz1yDFIV_zecQRAVF91JYXjTEdXiVL9rh3_k
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    LOVE THIS!! Good to see you!
  • PaulChasinDreams
    LOVE THIS!! Good to see you!

:) Good to see you to CC
  • ItsAJourny
    ItsAJourny Posts: 69 Member
    You looked amazing. Very inspirational and wonderful to hear that your health markers have improved so much.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!