• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    2128000k11ubrw2c2.gif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Thanks for ideas about the pisno & clock. I hsve com to the realization that I’m sttached to them partly because they’re a link to my mom, snd they help me feel connected. They’re not budging at this point.

I have a coffee and end table set that my Dad built for me. I love them they are beautiful but way too big for my living room. They are now in our storage barn with the legs taken off. I have asked my husband to make me shelves out of them so that I still have Dad's workmanship and can see them. My husband is scared, I think, that I'm going to change my mind after he cuts them because he keeps putting it off.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    edited July 2018
    Checking in at end of July - My goal was to lose five pounds, I lost three pounds. I'll take it.

Since January 24, I've now lost 32 pounds, 4 inches around my waist, 5 inches around the lower stomach area (a sore point with me), 4 inches around my hips, and 3 inches around each thigh. I measure everything. It keeps me going at times with the weight stalls.

My goal for August is to lose four pounds, even with all the traveling.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

I measure too Lisa, I find the scale and I have a love/hate relationship most of the time, but the tape measure and I have a nice long love affair going on. Congratulations on your progress!

Tracey in Edmonton
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    edited July 2018
    still have some of my laundry in the dryer, but did take a bit of a nap..
    have the phone conference at 4, so will do stuff around the house.. before that...
    cant believe all the checks and bills I have been paying for the past week.. hoping to recoup some of which was for my dads estate..
    my brother will not be opening the cottage for the labor day weekend get together... just to much to do here with my dads house.. have to let my family know...
    that has been my mission for the last 45 minutes contacting people to cancel the labor day weekend...
  • rdonnini
    rdonnini Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks Michele, Right now I am trying to focus more on food. I do love to work out and I still go to the gym 2 nights a week when I can. I do Power class there. I also do Beachbody on demand and I like doing the 28 day workouts and the Yoga 30 day retreat. But due to family issues I haven't been able to do as much as I would like.
    I am a wife and a mother of 3 adult children and one granddaughter and another one on the way in December. I want to be a healthy and active nannie. So that is my WHY!
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,780 Member
    B)
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Made bean soup with pinto, and great northern beans. Husband had the broth, so that was good. I had a small bowl, plus we have three containers to have later. Then got busy and made some brownies, and also blueberry scones. Maybe husband will be able to eat some of a scone with his tea when he wakes up.

Balanced the checking account so all I have to do is bill pay tomorrow online, and wire money to son for rent. Next month looks like $146 per week which is doable👍.
    Is everyone having a good summer? I'm feeling better, still have quite a line scar, and its kinda itchy! Need to get me some scar minimizing cream!

Hugs to each and every one of yas!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Hi Sisters,

Well done Lisa on your excellent progress. How is your fast going Mary? Good on ya, Heather for saying no. I wish I could say no to those uninvited guests that use our house as their ongoing vacation spot, and my ongoing nightmare. LOL.

I hit my target yesterday of 20,000 plus steps. This is Day 2 of my second fast. I had a two day break between them but I still want to get rid of some baggage so I'm busy trying to empty the Fat Buckets today. I find that having a more predictable schedule is helping me a lot at making progress towards my goals. I have hit upon a good motivation for me: I have ordered a lense for my camera and am awaiting it's arrival. However, I am not letting myself try it out until I am in my Happy Place and have hit that target. This is great motivation for me to stay on my fast and try to get a lot of steps in so I can burn fat faster. LOL

I am re-reading "The Fast Diet" by Dr. Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer, as additional motivation. They talk about lots of different fasting patterns and the research that has been done on mice, and about the improvements in brain function, youthing of cells, increase in memory and upgrade in all blood tests and health factors. It's good to know that I am not harming my body but actually improving my health through my diet.

Gotta go feed the hungry mouths and get some steps in, love ya all, <3 Wendy
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    Rebecca lavender and Vit E oil is good for reducing a scar. Look for those ingredients in your ointment or cream. You could get some vit E oil and a small bottle of Lavender oil. Some grocery, Walgreens, and TJ Maxx carry it.
  • grandmallie
    Down at the park ready for concert.. beautiful night out...
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    :)Heather, Bravo to you for saying "No" to your friend's request.

:'(Rebecca, sorry to hear about your hubby's continuing challenges.

<3Meg, I hope you feel better soon.

:)Wendy, congrats on your 20,000 steps

:)Lisa, congrats on your weight loss.

B) Barbie
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Rebecca lavender and Vit E oil is good for reducing a scar. Look for those ingredients in your ointment or cream. You could get some vit E oil and a small bottle of Lavender oil. Some grocery, Walgreens, and TJ Maxx carry it.

Thanks Margaret for the info👍. I will look for that!
    Rebecca 💗
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)
  • grandmallie
    Home from concert and sneezing my head off I sure don't hope I have a summer cold coming on.