WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2018

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,330 Member
    Did Kathy Smith’s step DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to go to the water aerobics class.

The AT light on my car came on so we took it to the Mazda dealer. They changed the transmission fluid and at first it was working fine. But on the way home, the light came back on. So now we need to have a new TCM which probably won’t be here until Saturday. Until then, I can’t drive my car. But if they can’t get it in on Saturday, I will go to the extremepump class on Monday, come right home, and hopefully they can install it Monday.

Heather – I’m so sorry to hear about your friends.

Rdonnini – you sound a lot like me

Wendy – wish “NO” was in my vocabulary, too. Congrats on your steps

Meg – get better fast.

Went to the dermatologist this morning. Believe it or not, he said that everything looked good. The spot that Vince thought grew? He said that’s hereditary. I have these moles on my side and Vince has commented about them. The MD said they were fine. He didn’t have an issue with any of my skin tags since they aren’t bothering me. He did freeze one small spot on my nose and there is one spot he said to watch. He commented that I get a lot of sun and I told him that Coppertone’s stock must skyrocket with me alone. He said “that’s good”. I told him that Vince keeps saying “do you know what you’re doing to our filters for the pool?” and I told him my answer “well, I’d rather pay for new filters than have skin cancer” I told the MD that I knew that using sunscreen didn’t mean that I’d never get skin cancer, but I’m going to do as much as I can to minimize my chances of getting it. When I told vince, he said that he was relieved. I knew he would be. He did tell me (and this I didn’t know) that where it was frozen, it’ll turn black in a few days and then fall off. If he hadn’t told me that this was going to happen, I probably would have been in a panic. Wish the MD had said something.

Vince gave me a mousepad to use in the room where shadow is (I’m trying to spend time with her). He said “oh, it’s not going to work on the bed, it’s too flexible”. Guess where it’s working?

Allie – hope you feel better fast. Glad you had a good time at the concert.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,503 Member
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.39min, 12.3amph, 128mhr, 1.5mi= 59c
    apple watch- 60c
    LATERAL MACHINE- 30min, fat burn program, 52aw, lvl1-9, 112ahr, 137mhr, 3.57mi= 199c
    apple watch- 183c
    Floor exer- 3.25min, 3sets of 10ea, crunches, on back legs towards ceiling and lift, 88mhr= 13c
    apple watch- 24c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn sta- 51.35min, 120ahr, 145mhr, 13.8amph, 11.8mi= 433c
    apple watch- 475c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.54min, 133ahr, 150mhr, 9.21min mi, .5mi= 56c
    apple watch- 52c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- 4.01min, 151mhr, 8.50min mi, .4mi= 63c
    apple watch- 54c
    bike ride dome 2 hm windy!!- 20.55min, 7.4amph, 145mhr, 121ahr, 2.5mi= 200c
    apple watch- 144c

total cal 1023
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,330 Member
    I sure hope barbie is OK. By now she would have posted a link for the next month.

Michele in NC
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Michele I'm with you hoping Barbie is OK. Hopefully it's just that her muscle relaxers made her sleepy & she'll post the link tomorrow...
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    If I knew how to post the link I would do it for Barbie~ she has always taken care of us....
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Waiting for my friends to arrive. I'm sure it will all be fine, but I am nervous and can't wait for it to be over. :/

Hope Barbie is ok.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Good morning Ladies!

I too hope Barbie is OK. I would be happy to set up an (inferior to Barbie’s inspirational) August thread, but also have no idea how to put a link to it on this July post.

My July can be viewed as a win or a failure depending on perspective. I did close my rings on my watch every day and earn my special July badge. However, my weight is down 1 lb so I didn’t maintain within my range. I’m close to figuring it out! I can do it!!

Hugs, prayers and high fives as needed or wanted.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    <3
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    morning ladies~
    was up at 5:45 and took a shower and took Alfie out for a walk, and packed my lunch.. gave Alfie a green bean (fresh) to see if he will eat that.. will go walk Homer and Chester and go feed DFIL , then to work.. the usual for a work day,,,
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Hoping Barbie will report in soon and hope that she is feeling better!
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Hello, ladies - here's the link to an admittedly not as lovely as Barbie's start for all of us in August. See you over there! Please bookmark as necessary.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10685576/women-ages-50-for-august-2018/#latest

Lisa in AR.
  • CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    Matchka

Been there, done that. What gives people the right to assume? And we all know what happens when one assumes....
    Seriously, are you anywhere near a university? You might be able to hire a grad student studying social work, physical therapy or neurology, etc. To be a patient advocate and help you with the mounds of paper. They won't be as invested in keeping him as a revenue generating patient as the private nursing services are.
    CJ
  • p21usa
    p21usa Posts: 423 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    ssg0j0cvlljf.jpeg

This makes me miss my Golden SO MUCH.
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    is this thread still active? Is Barbie ok?