heart rate almost triples when walking is this normal.

14567810»

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Glad the test went well. Hope things get clearer once you have talked to the cardiologist next week.

I'd be fretting like crazy, can't believe how calm you have been.

((( <3))), h.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Happy your test went well! It's possible the problem won't return - I had crazy PVCs for almost six months, no one could find anything wrong, then they just stopped and never came back. Wishing you the best!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Happy your test went well! It's possible the problem won't return - I had crazy PVCs for almost six months, no one could find anything wrong, then they just stopped and never came back. Wishing you the best!

thanks. well I know when I was taking my nose spray and then stopped ,they stopped for a short time,then I took prednisone for 5 days and I had them again, got done taking those and was fine again. so certain things do seem to cause it too.
  • mikeofeconomy
    mikeofeconomy Posts: 29 Member
    Not a Dr., but I am a heart attack survivor. Eleven years now since 100% occlusion of left main nearly took me out. Was exercising regularly prior and passed a stress test flying colors a few days prior to flatlining. Major and irreversible heart muscle damage was the outcome. Could have easily been death. I concur with everyone who recommended seeing a cardiologist. Sorry it that sounds dramatic, but I'd bet your life is worth saving.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Not a Dr., but I am a heart attack survivor. Eleven years now since 100% occlusion of left main nearly took me out. Was exercising regularly prior and passed a stress test flying colors a few days prior to flatlining. Major and irreversible heart muscle damage was the outcome. Could have easily been death. I concur with everyone who recommended seeing a cardiologist. Sorry it that sounds dramatic, but I'd bet your life is worth saving.

I am seeing a cardiologist. go back next wednesday to see him again. my dad had 2 heart attacks and the second one brought on by an asthma attack killed him. but to be honest I think he was in heart failure before that.so yeah I take things like this seriously I just dont worry myself to death about it because I dont need the added stress from worry.

but heart issues do run in my family just so far I dont have what everyone else had. my dad had where his hearts electrical system so to speak would go haywire,which is what caused his heart attack, my aunt (his sister) died the same way they said hers was heart failure yet she never was diagnosed with it before hand. my sister has a genetic defect called myH7 but we have different dads and she passed hers onto 2 of her 3 boys.she doesnt have it yet though just the defective gene. but they told me my arteries looked good and everything so lets hope thats the issue and those are fine. I have familial hypercholesterolemia and have to watch my diet because it can cause heart attack,stroke, and TIAs if not treated .
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Knowledge is power. Now you can rest easier.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Knowledge is power. Now you can rest easier.

oh yeah I am like he told me if hes not worried then I should not be worried. if it were something I needed to worry about he would be upfront with me about it. of course he just said keep an eye out for any symptoms but otherwise no worries
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I just started noticing my FitBit doing weird things and it reminded me of this thread. I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention to the data my FitBit gives me for the last couple of months until a couple of weeks ago. I have noticed a lot of weird HR readings recently...I went for a walk around my kids' soccer fields at practice on Tuesday and my average HR according to my FitBit was 157 BPM...no way. I went back and noticed a lot of weird readings over the past few months. This morning I did a 30 minute interval ride on my indoor trainer...my Garmin bike computer and chest strap gave me an average HR of 150 BPM which seems right...my FitBit gave me an average HR of 106 BPM...yeah, no.

Moral of the story...perhaps your FitBit is just glitching out...mine is.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I just started noticing my FitBit doing weird things and it reminded me of this thread. I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention to the data my FitBit gives me for the last couple of months until a couple of weeks ago. I have noticed a lot of weird HR readings recently...I went for a walk around my kids' soccer fields at practice on Tuesday and my average HR according to my FitBit was 157 BPM...no way. I went back and noticed a lot of weird readings over the past few months. This morning I did a 30 minute interval ride on my indoor trainer...my Garmin bike computer and chest strap gave me an average HR of 150 BPM which seems right...my FitBit gave me an average HR of 106 BPM...yeah, no.

Moral of the story...perhaps your FitBit is just glitching out...mine is.

thats what I thought it was. nope did the manual pulse in my carotid artery and it was only off by 5bpm or less. so no it was getting that high.which was odd. havent had that issue in awhile the highest it gets when walking like today for example 119 bpm, but Im partially stuffed up due to sinus/allergy issues so of course thats normal since I have a harder time getting air in. but I did get a new fitbit in august for my birhday and it was accurate with the drs pulse oximeter,and the nurses manual reading from my wrist yesterday

hubby thought maybe it was the fitbit too (the older one that was giving me the high numbers) but like I told him if that were the case,then the manual pulse would not have been high. but its been normal since then I dont know what caused it, the dr has no answers either.But as for now Im fine so I guess thats all that matters
  • patros2001
    patros2001 Posts: 1 Member
    If your heart rate goes tachy (very high beats per min) for several minutes or longer every time you exercise, you may be suffering from AFib (atrial fibrillation). If it only happens occasionally, it may be an electrolyte imbalance (try to make sure you are getting enough potassium, magnesium, calcium, and good ole sodium). Also, from my own experience biking in the summer, make sure you are very well hydrated during your exercise (I was not drinking enough fluids, and it caused me to have periods of very high tachycardia during my 2.5 hour bike rides. Drinking a 22 oz water bottle before I started each ride took care of the problem 100%).