1000 calories a day

12346»

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    try2again wrote: »
    VUA21 wrote: »
    That's VERY, VERY, bad! Especially long term. 1000 calories a day (unless you're about 3' tall) will lead to muscle loss, and other health issues if continued.

Eat more. Note that once you have eating a very nutritious diet and have all your daily micro/macronutrient goals, you don't get bonus points for eating extra healthy. Have a treat. Enjoy food.

To everyone chiming in without reading the thread, it's been clearly established that he is eating more than 1000 calories because he is currently experiencing a healthy rate of loss. While truly eating 1000 calories would indeed be very bad, simply telling him to eat more under the circumstances is misleading.

Too bad no one will read this comment either :/

Wait, you mean you expect people who post on internet forums to read every post?! ;)

/sarcasm
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    OP, definitely weigh the avocado! I love me some avocado but they are definitely calorie dense.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    karahm78 wrote: »
    OP, definitely weigh the avocado! I love me some avocado but they are definitely calorie dense.

Yeah, what she said. I had a a small avocado for lunch that was around 275 calories for 117 grams. There's an entry in the database for "Avocado (correct) 1 small, 144 calories". That's a mind-boggling difference.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited July 2018
    mph323 wrote: »
    karahm78 wrote: »

Yeah, what she said. I had a a small avocado for lunch that was around 275 calories for 117 grams. There's an entry in the database for "Avocado (correct) 1 small, 144 calories". That's a mind-boggling difference.

I don't think it's quite as bad as that. I'm seeing 136g (fruit only, no skin or seed) for 227 calories. https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/09038 Still definitely something that needs to be weighed!