Jp's omad journey

Options

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Good morning OMADers ❤️

A short update, weighed myself and am still 55.8kg (123lbs). That means, I have put on 3.8kg from my LW 52kg. I really have to do better. 😕

As for food wise, have been trying to eat no more than 1200 calories. I fail some days😒

As for exercises, finally managed to do a 45 mins HIIT yesterday😁 Hope that I can do the same this evening 🤞

Still fasting mode... OMAD should be around 12pm. Really have to cut down on my calories.

Take care and stay safe ❤️❤️❤️
  • jadepearl
    Options
    A little update and self accountability:

OMAD - Scrambled Eggs, 2 Toasts, Grapes, Aldi Choco Pillow, Milo Drink & 3 Brazil Nuts. Total calories - 1022
    Exercise - 40 mins HIIT
    Liquid - 2L water & 2 diet soda
    I really hope that I will get back down to 52kg... fingers cross

To date, there's 709 confirmed cases here and 6 have died from COVID-19 :( Until today, panic buying is still happening over here. Couldn't find any toilet paper :( Thankfully, I still have 5 rolls left. Managed to buy some meat, sausages, cup noodles and other stuff. Should last us a week. :)

How are you guys doing?

Take care and stay safe <3<3<3
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself with the weight. I am sure stress is not helping. Our stores were better yesterday, but no TP, but we have enough for a couple of weeks so not a big deal. The shelves were some better but people are still overreacting and buying more than they need. I think we have 154 cases in TN and 58 in my county (Nashville) which is a very big city.

Stay healthy!
    <3<3
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Thank you @volgirl1322 ❤️ It's hard not to stress 😢
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Good evening OMAD-ers ❤️

Just a short post
    We are in Stage 2 lockdown now. A lot of businesses are forced to close, no more schools for my kids, everyone must stay at home unless there is a valid reason to go out.

I have been trying to do OMAD but I fail continuously😭😢 So, now I just count my calories and hope for the best. I have been drinking my homemade chicken broth soup with seaweed for my thyroid issue. I am trying to keep my calories below 1200.

Hope everyone is doing well❤️

Stay safe❤️❤️❤️
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Good evening OMAD-ers ❤️

This covid 19 is getting bad to worse over here😢 Our Premier has warned us that if we do not practice social distancing, wash our hands correctly and obey the rules of Stage 2, we will be in Stage 3 of lockdown soon. Right now, we have 2431 cases and 9 deaths. How's everyone and how's things over there?

I am giving myself a break. Every day, I will try to OMAD. But if I fail, I will not be too hard on myself as its a stressful time right now. However, I do count my calories and try to keep below 1200 per day.

Stay safe you guys❤️❤️❤️
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    851 positive cases and 7 deaths here in the state of Pennsylvania. 3 cases in my county. We are sitting at a rate of nearly 10% percent of the tested people being positive. I am working from home every day now and schools here are closed until 18 April.
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    In TN we have 657 cases and 253 in our county (Nashville) which is super large. Our schools are closed till 4.24 for now. I have been working from home since last week, and we are remote until at least mid-April but it will probably get extended. They just cancelled our graduation for the University I work for. Scary times. We have a "safer in place" order, stay home as much as possible, only essential travel to stores, etc.

Take care!!
  • LadyBlanks
    Options
    I just checked our PA health Dept site and we have jumped up to 1,127 positive cases and 11 deaths and 5 in my county. This is real and I am taking it seriously. I am not panicky as I trust God in all of this, but we need everyone to heed to the social distancing and stay at home requests so we can see these numbers come down.
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Hugs to @volgirl1322 and @LadyBlanks <3<3<3 Our little shop is still open as its categorize as essential services but its Stage 2. Not sure we will be open when Stage 3 comes :( Just in today, 3 people passed away overnight due to covid-19 :( The numbers are increasing and still we have people who couldn't care less about the rules set by our Gov :(
  • jadepearl
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Good afternoon OMADers <3

We have now gone from not bothering what's on TV to watching TV hourly for live reports. Even my 2 kids know what time the live reports will start and they will switch to the specific channels. If we don't follow the rules set by our Gov to flatten the curve, we will be worse than Italy as per our Premier :(

I weighed myself today and as expected, I am hovering in my 55kg (120 lbs plus) region. That's not good news but to ensure that I do not overeat every day, I wear my AUS size 8 jeans as its an indication if I do overeat or if I gain weight. PJs can really deceive me! :lol:

I have been ensuring that I do not eat more than 1200 calories per day. May be I should lower it down to 1100 calories since sometimes I fail to exercise. What's your take on this?

Yesterday, I am happy that I managed to exercise. I zumba dance for 30 mins and did lower body chair exercises while watching TV. I also took out my vibration plate exercise machine and exercise for 15 mins. I am wondering if any of you guys use the vibration plate for your exercise? Does it help you to loose weight or tonning?

Hope everyone is A-OK. Please stay safe <3<3<3
  • LadyBlanks
    Options
    I have a vibration plate exercise machine here in my home office. I have not used it consistently enough to tell if it helps me to tone or lose weight. Since I am working in my office now, I will make it a point to get on it every day and see what happens while I am working from home which may be at least until 1 May providing things aren't back to normal before then.

I usually get on it after my peloton workouts and I heard it helps to keep you from getting sore and I can say in that aspect it works.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Y'all are FANCY with your vibration plates and such :D I assume it burns cals because it forces micro-balancing and core strength to stabilize?

Anyway, Ced is my updating source - if I put on the news I'll get depressed and wanna eat more so I'm avoiding it like the plague and getting my info from him LOL - we're in full-on lock down here - ticketing for non-essential folks out in the streets - MI isn't playin' y'all LOL

I am very encouraged seeing y'alls workouts! It's inspiring me to try to fit in lil bursts of activity in with my 2-3 times a week workouts :) Just love you guys <3
  • jadepearl
    Options
    @LadyBlanks - Thanks for the info <3 I am trying to get onto my vibration plate every evening for 15 mins. Hope it helps me to tone and loose weight.

@mistymeadows2005 - I sure hope it burns calories as I have put on weight :( Am trying to exercise every day again but with this crisis, its so hard. We have to keep listening to see if Stage 3 has been implemented, etc, etc, etc.
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Just sharing some silly things that an old couple like us do in a Stage 2 lockdown...

DH asked what we will be having for lunch and I told him that I am making fish & chips for the family. However, I discovered that I only had 3 fillets left. Oh well, I will just eat my favourite Kimchi Noodles and let them have the fish. DH wasn't too happy and asked me what I wanted as he will cook it for the two of us. I jokingly said... a bit of fried rice, a bit of fried noodles, a bit of fish and a bit of chicken will be delicious🥰 And here's what he cooked for us to share

iyxup0ru6wgb.jpg

So, the total calories including grapes and cheezels =1033.

Exercise : 20 mins walking at home exercise & 20 mins zumba

Just heard in the news that US surpasses China for covid 19😢 Stay safe, you guys❤️❤️❤️. To date, we have a death toll of 13 with 3166 coronavirus positive😢

❤️❤️❤️Take care and stay safe❤️❤️❤️

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    What a sweet gesture! You guys are the cutest <3 BTW Those NOODLES!!!! I mean yeah I like a good fried rice, but pan fried noodles have my heart <3 We're all struggling babe, just take care of you and yours and do your best!!!
  • LadyBlanks
    Options
    I don't know if I could share that plate. It was so wonderful of the hubby to fix it for you. These are the kinds of reports we need in times like these.
  • jadepearl
    Options
    @mistymeadows2005 - Thank you <3 We have been married for 24 years and our 2 kids often roll their eyes when they see us being silly :lol: We love noodles and fried rice too <3

@LadyBlanks - Thank you <3 We have been married for 24 years but now and then, DH will always surprise me :lol:

Take care you guys and stay safe <3<3<3
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Good evening OMAD-ers 😘

We are now in the Stage 3 lockdown as we have now reached 4864 cases and 21 deaths. 😥 And still, some people still think its a joke or something and won't follow the restrictions😣

I don't even dare to step on my scale at the moment as I have been grazing😫😣😖 AF is also here and this makes it worse😭 I have been in pain since AF arrived. Just couldn't do my 45 mins exercises. I am trying so hard to get back down to 52kg region but I continuously fail😭

My kids and DH wanted paella and I decided to make Ham, Sausage and Chicken Paella for all of us. I am still trying to keep my calories below 1200. Here's a photo of my paella.

obiztms1w6px.jpg

I keep hearing from the news and it seems every country is having a horrible time with this pandemic😢 Please take care and stay safe❤️❤️❤️

• volgirl1322
    Options
    Your meal looks awesome. Don't be too hard on yourself, it is a stressful time for all of us.
    Our county has over 500 cases now, and about 1500 or so in our state. It isn't getting better anytime soon for us either.....hopefully soon though.