• sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Good luck @eponine1984!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,972 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 Congrats and good luck!

@shanaber Thanks for sharing the video. I love Hobbes the Vizsla!
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    W7d1 of c25k this morning. 25 minutes straight of running! Slow, easy, wonderful. I’m eyeing a wellness triathalon on September 22nd in Philly - 5k, yoga, meditation. We’ll see how it goes.

In non-running news, I had a phone interview with a job yesterday and they want to see me in person on Friday. My husband is at a job interview now. It’s been a crazy yet, but things could be looking up for us.

That's great news, and good luck on the wellness triathlon!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    girlinahat wrote: »
    @sarehthes I almost always run the day after, or at most the following day of ANY race, even utlras. I do not go for any speed records, but I am a firm believer in getting moving again asap. :)

Also, everyone else advises against it so do not do that. ;)

I did a three mile hill race the morning after my very hilly marathon. All for the cowbell medal you understand.

I swear that's the reason I was still able to walk afterwards

IMO, yes. I think everyone's advice not to is a disservice, but I am in the minority in this belief (possibly alone) so YMMV and talk to a doctor and all that. :)

I don't think you are that alone in this opinion @PastorVincent. Looks like many of us fell that the day after 'recovery run' does in fact help us recover!

Seems that way, maybe it is just that the people against it are far more vocal, and the rest of us are too busy running to post about it? :lol:
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq yes,, you are a badass!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 So cool that you and Hobbes do agility. I'd love to do that with my dog, Tippy, but she does NOT like the tunnels. She loves jumping though.