August 2018 Running Challenge

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    DH bought airline tickets to Hawaii January 4th and return the 11th. Looks like we're doing this.

Anyone else interested in the Hawaii ultra relay?

My wife would say yes in a heart beat, but my bank account would say no even faster... :(

If there's anything Dennis taught us, it's that you can't put off a marathon (ultra) in another state. What's 5K in the grand scheme of things?

Cmon. This race has 4000ft elevation gain. That's right up your alley. Spoil the misses. Go to Hawaii.

I would love to run it. Err hike it. Whatever :) But we literally just this month bought a house, remember? All of our cash was scrapped together for the downpayment. Living paycheck to paycheck for a while! :DThe American Dream! :lol:

American dream can be financed by Capitol one, Citi, Chase... I'm just kidding. I'm not advocating financial irresponsibly.

Oh I am sure Citi would LOVE to loan me 5k to do this. :lol:
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    DH bought airline tickets to Hawaii January 4th and return the 11th. Looks like we're doing this.

Anyone else interested in the Hawaii ultra relay?

My wife would say yes in a heart beat, but my bank account would say no even faster... :(

If there's anything Dennis taught us, it's that you can't put off a marathon (ultra) in another state. What's 5K in the grand scheme of things?

Cmon. This race has 4000ft elevation gain. That's right up your alley. Spoil the misses. Go to Hawaii.

I would love to run it. Err hike it. Whatever :) But we literally just this month bought a house, remember? All of our cash was scrapped together for the downpayment. Living paycheck to paycheck for a while! :DThe American Dream! :lol:

American dream can be financed by Capitol one, Citi, Chase... I'm just kidding. I'm not advocating financial irresponsibly.

Oh I am sure Citi would LOVE to loan me 5k to do this. :lol:

Ya. You can pay them back 8! Maybe next year. And ya know, we still need Alaska. Bet that's some wicked running. I dont wanna go if bears are involved. I can "run" a volcano with no worries. But will pass on the bears.