August 2018 Running Challenge

Replies

• travelling_lots
    travelling_lots Posts: 377 Member
    edited August 2018
    @MegaMooseEsq thanks for sharing. Congrats on your placement !
    trying and finishing something different.
    I’ve heard of them but always wondered. I thought would be nice to try a mud run as well. I think it would be great to at least try once. It sounds like a lot of fun. What city was this in?
    Plus Cool hardware!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited August 2018
    End of month question? (Dont worry @MobyCarp , we'll throw out a first of month question in a week. Had a dream about you last night. Do not remember what it was. Just remember saying your name. Maybe I was talking in my sleep. Probably runner's envy...which leads me to the question....).

What do you do when you hit that funk?

I am over the heat, over the struggle, over feeling like I've mismanaged this heat building opportunity. And over these hard won miles.

Suggestions to cope with the running funk? Haha, oh thats easy. Go run.

Whats your funk? How do you get out of your head?
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    @MegaMooseEsq great race! Congrats on yhe top 10!
    @Elise4270 I am probably opposite of everyone else, but I find taking a break from running (1-2 weeks) will get me back in the right frame of mind. I think it is true that absence makes the heart grow fonder :D
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    So many great replys. Thanks to each one of you that have or will have answered it.

I'm going to sit and write them all in my training journal. From pen to brain to heart.

DH an i decided to scrap the after church heat run and wait until the sun goes down a bit this evening..

@RunsOnEspresso "sucktastic" on point.