WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Bev I dislike the abbreviations because they are open to interpretation. DYS can be dear youngest son, dear younger sister, or darn/damn younger son or sister. SIL can be sister-in-law or son-in-law, etc. Almost everybody on this thread uses them, so it's good to know what they stand for.

Karen in Virginia
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Pip - thanks for the pics. LOVE your dogs. I will see if I am ready for another in 4 years. Taking a lot of patience (:
    Rebecca - wow. Those models are so detailed. That is amazing.
    Beth - best wishes with the surgery.

Cool gray day here with some rain. A nice relief from humidity, but I just want to cover up and stay in bed! But onward I will go.
    Happy Tuesday all!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Machka - wonderful grad photo. Again, job well done!! I think it takes a special person to go back to school in her adulthood.... and here you are going on from here. <3

Thank you very much. :)

Yes, I'm 5 weeks into my next course ... officially embarking on my Master's. But right now, I'm looking forward to spring break in a couple weeks. Not that I'll have a week off or anything (I'll be working) but no classes will be nice.

Machka in Oz

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Margaraet ~ Rose Colored Glasses? Are they supposed to make you sleepy? Where do you get them. Just curious.

Alison ~ I'm sorry you are on your feet for 8 hours. I would not be able to do that even if I were 20 yrs younger.

I had to throw out my Kashi cereal this morning. Realized when I started having gastric problems that it had soy flakes in it and they totally affected my innards.

Carol in GA
  • 1948Peachy
    Welcome Leslie from Mississippi!
  • 1948Peachy
    Beth ~ Meant to tell you that you and son are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Oh Rye! I want you to have your own bed and your kitties, too.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,195 Member
    :/:#Rye - How frightening! <3 We live in a flood prone area and bought a big 4 wheel drive, high off the ground car, for that reason. Once my poor DDIL had to drive to us through surging floods down by the school with pupils being handed over the flood defences. She arrived at our house with the two grandkids (then) trembling and crying. Now we are hoping to move to Brighton and Hove the car looks quite out of place. Everyone there has small cars so they can fit into the parking spaces. The tinier the better.

WELCOME NEW PEOPLE! :D

Today I set off for yoga in the car and found no cars in the car park. A few started to arrive from the West side of the village, so I realised that there must still be the blockage in the main road. No teacher. We waited and waited. DH had set off to collect the car from me when a pupil struggled through on foot to say the road was blocked by a trench and the teacher had gone into a pothole and wrecked her tyres. So, DH gave me a lift back home and set off a roundabout way for the cricket. :o:/:#
    I gritted my teeth and went out for a run - did 5k. First time since Friday. Then I ate too much chorizo. :* So I went upstairs and did 300 calories on the rower and the recumbent bike. It was all a bit of a struggle, but I DID it. o:)
    Our friends will have to find an alternative way through to us tonight. What a pain.

I feel as if my life is on hold waiting for exchange. I am reading some very good improving books to try to get me through it. Books on meditation, minimalism and non religious spirituality. And one on Adler. Barbie - I've downloaded the 10% Happier book.
    I will have to tidy up in a bit in case they come back for coffee.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    bevsteg wrote: »
    ps. I'm Bev

Welcome Bev👍.
    Aww you do have a gentle giant. My son hates spiders, and had to show me one this past weekend in the garage. We share a huge home with this active duty son, splitting the rent. It works for us, and son gets reliable roommates. We are near two military bases so being retired military it saves us money.

When I was a Lions Club exchange student during the 1980's I lived with a host family in Wollongong NSW. Their apartment looked over the rocks against the shore. It was a great 2 months! One of the sisters in my host family took me to see the band "Australian Crawl", we screamed like groupies!

My son is a tall thing too! In high school he swallowed a frog his freshman year, so he had the imposing voice to go with the height. He hung out with what I coined the invisibles. The kids wearing goth, (not the druggies though). When he had his 18th birthday /entering Navy party, I had never seen so much facial and long hair! I almost asked one of them where his son was, thought he was a parent! My son had been packing a lot of his keeper toys, but had many of his large model cars on his bookshelves. He decided as a parting gift, each kid picked out a car. So each long haired man/ child had these big grins and a car in their hands when they left. So endearing!
    dtl2gxa3tlpc.jpg

Up .2 lbs but I am not worried. On my path, and Onederland is far off on the horizon, not so imposing a journey!
    💗Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Carol I bought the sunglasses at Target. They are to help filter the over abundance of blue light from T.V. and LED"S. I went on line to see what glasses they recommend they had a more yellow tint and were close to 100 dollars. I thought I would try these for fifteen first and see if I notice a difference. I also have been following the recommendation of getting out in the morning and getting natural sunlight to help get myself in a good circadian rhythm.
    :heart: Margaret