WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Machka~ Happy Anniversary to you both, what a year you have had.. but you are a trooper as your husband is too..Bless you both...
    Slept well, put some dried mealworms out for the birds and will have to curl my hair before i go walk the dogs, check in on my DFIL even though I can't feed him today, want to just check in,,, he told me yesterday that he picked out the color for his custom wheelchair and it is powder blue.... how adorable.. it takes a couple of months to get it made s he probably wont get it until mid Oct.. but it pays to speak up.. I want him comfortable.
    Barbie~ you are the strongest person I know even when your in pain ,your always on top of your game, proud to have you as my friend. im hoping Bernie and The pups are keeping you company..
    well here he is hoping today isn't as horrible as I think it will be, the only good thing is I have 2 weekends in a row..
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,605 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary to Machka and her husband! You have lots to celebrate!

Ladies, my messages must not be working. Please just email me if you are sharing privately.....kymarai@aol.com or on FB if you are on it....I am Kylia Givens Jordan Wilson......I know....lots of names!

Dermatologist appointment this morning.

<3
    Kylia
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Machka!

Okie
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    coffee.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Machka and Hubby! <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    barbicat sorry to hear about the life hassles you are going thru

Machka happy anniiii!!!!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Happy Happy Anniversary to Machka. :drinker: <3:D What a year!!!!! :open_mouth:

Just done my run. Felt a bit easier today.
    We were going to defrost the freezer today, but we are now going to do it on Sunday when it is raining.
    DH picked up some free zucchini from the farm gate as he was passing so I will have zoodles tonight while he has pasta.

Heather UK XXXXXX
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka Happy Anniversary!
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Machka. Loved the album of your wedding. That is a beautiful area near Jasper. We actually stayed in Jasper for a few days a few years ago.
    Not feeling good today so staying inside as it is hot and humid.
    SueBDew in TX
  • 1948Peachy
    Options
    (((Rye))) So sorry about your trip problems and insurance problems. Hope your day will brighten.

Carol in GA
  • 1948Peachy
    Options
    Janet ~ Those pups are so so cute!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Machka and DH💗 That's a great love story! Cheers to many more years ahead!
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    Company arrived safely. Expected chaos with Tumble and Scooter reacting to their two dogs but thankfully no fights and after a COUPLE OF HOURS and several banishments to the bedroom, Tumble FINALLY stopped barking. She still grumbled a bit but it was almost a relaxing change ;)
    This visit while wearing on the humans is very good for her.

Managed to stay AF yesterday despite serving sparkling wine, thank goodness for AF beer. Tomorrow will try the AF wine for the first time.

Also managed to stay under calories and hit protein goal despite no cardio. A wonder indeed.

Lynn in WI "to take pride in who they are physically and mentally" Brava! Words to live better by.
    Karen in VA, ditto what you said to Heather about her post. Sunflowers... hmmm... ;) and loved your adviCe to Katla to check in on her son every half hour.
    Katla a whole "8 uninterrupted hours of personal competance" made me snort my tea.
    Kay please don't wait, jump on the license plate issue or it could snowball. Fire off a letter with a pic of your husband's plates showing the make/model/color of his car and send it off with some kind of receipt/signature proof. If you can't find an address, send to your state's department of transportation with a copy to the state police. Rooting for you!
    Cathy Angel <3 ditto on the cool vs warm colors. Those are pics of a dollhouse your mom made? :astonished:
    Beth thanks for checking in. Prayers continue and are now more specific.
    Barbie you are right, you've done all that you should do. When the despair threatens the moment, please find hope in the alondrate option, and keep us in your pocket.
    Mary thanks for checking in, despite your so very busy life. Hope all those love gifts of service are super-fulfilling.
    KJ Boqer Tov! Will you spread chocolate on bread for your kids' breakfast? It was a real shocker when I was in Israel, chocolate and bread for breakfast, Israeli chopped salad for lunch, chicken or fish with vegs for dinner. The chocolate was the consistency of Nutella but without the hazelnut flavor.
    Kim hope your brother can ask your forgiveness before he passes. Your pain can't be managed with CBD. :sad:
    Wendy thanks so much for the links. Much needed for my osteo and cartilage challenged knees. Bless you!
    Heather flowers through the letterbox???
    Machka most VERY happy anniversary to you and your husband. Big thankful hugs you made it!
    NYKaren "Procaffeinating" That's what I'm doing with my tea!
    Rye sleep and cat cuddling are way more important than house cleaning. Snuggle up with those purring healers!

Time for me to hoist up those big girl panties and brace for the day!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 20/23, meditate 10/23, walk one more step 9/23, knee exercises 10/23, core 5/16, walk Tumble 11/16 times, SWSY 0/8, hang up or purge art 0/1, AF 17/23
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Barbara - Yes, the flowers come packed in a long, flat box that posts through a normal British letterbox, so it doesn't matter if you are not home to receive. :D Great idea!

Rye - I cooked a whole octopus (my first time) the other day, but I had the head left over. It was still a heat wave and our general trash is only collected every two weeks. Didn't fancy the pong, so I put it in the freezer until the collection day.

Feeling a bit more peaceful now as everything shuts down for the bank holiday weekend. Can't do anything about solicitors etc. We will defrost the freezer we are leaving behind, perhaps clean out the fridge and tackle a couple of the last drawers. I really should thin out my costume jewellery, but I've tried once and didn't get very far.
    I hate bank holidays, but I have my memoir to get on with and my running. :D Lots of improving books to read. Weather not going to be great.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx