Percent body fat for women

2»

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,779 Member
    Yeah. I am not sure the whole woo thing accomplishes much. I can see people disagree with what I write but no idea why? And of course there are the ones who think it means hurrah! I used to think everyone here tried to be generally supportive, but apparently there is an entire crew who are judgemental. I would think if someone feels strongly enough about a post to woo it they would take the time to quote it and present their own viewpoints. That would actually be a learning thing and more informative for everyone to see. I think I picked up my woo club in the too skinny post a while back. :(
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    I bought this about 6 years ago and altho it may not be totally accurate as say a full immersion test, I think it is good to compare week to week. Not for folks with pacemakers of course. it was as good an investment as the measurement tape imo. Easy to use also.

j8gyxqdekvkh.png

I remember these were used at Curves when they were popular!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited August 2018
    mph323 wrote: »
    Yeah. I am not sure the whole woo thing accomplishes much. I can see people disagree with what I write but no idea why? And of course there are the ones who think it means hurrah! I used to think everyone here tried to be generally supportive, but apparently there is an entire crew who are judgemental. I would think if someone feels strongly enough about a post to woo it they would take the time to quote it and present their own viewpoints. That would actually be a learning thing and more informative for everyone to see. I think I picked up my woo club in the too skinny post a while back. :(

It's one of the stupidest, most passive-aggressive reaction buttons ever. Especially because initially it was intended to be used as both "this is a bunch of woo" and "whoohoo!", making it completely useless. Now it's supposed to mean only "this is a bunch of woo", but of course people don't realize it's been updated and use it as a complement, or they woo everything they disagree with instead of stating their point of view, or they follow people around the boards wooing everything they post, like you're experiencing.

I wish they would just drop it and implement agree/disagree buttons - those are neutral and address the content of the post, not the poster. When someone's first post racks up 17 woo's in the first half hour and they are intimidated into never posting again, you have to question the reasoning of a site that advocates for respectful conversation and penalizes posters who attack others.

<steps off soapbox>

I agree with this 100% I hate the woo button