Calorie Counter

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,154 Member Member Posts: 9,154 Member
    Caulipowered pizza margherita (ate the whole thing) with a tub of salad.
  • mjbnj0001mjbnj0001 Member Posts: 906 Member Member Posts: 906 Member
    Baked lemon-pepper parmesan panko flounder, plus sides (incl. sauteed spinach, seen cooking top left). Actually, after inspection, popped this pan back into the oven for a few more minutes, so final product is a bit more toasty brown. Sides include brown rice and steamed veggies. About to go figure the MFP macros now.

szyqm0lflwgv.jpg
    Pasta with tuna and green olives--a family favorite.

how was the tuna prepared?
  • snowflake954snowflake954 Member Posts: 5,096 Member Member Posts: 5,096 Member
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »

We have canned tuna packed in olive oil. I squeeze the oil into a pan and add chopped salty green olives, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and a bit of pepper. I heat this up and when it boils for a minute I add some of the brine (I do not add any other salt)and bring to a boil again. As soon as it boils I turn off the flame. After a few minutes I add the tuna and stir. I don't like to overcook tuna, it's already cooked. When the pasta is al dente and drained, I add the sauce plus fresh basil, if I have it, and stir a little to coat.
  • JennJ323JennJ323 Member Posts: 643 Member Member Posts: 643 Member
    No photos. But I made Mexican stuffed shells.

I took ground chicken, cooked it & seasoned it with taco seasoning, I also added onion, jalapeno & some Rotel to the meat. I boiled 12 jumbo pasta shells, stuffed them with the meat and put them in a 9x9 baking dish. Then mixed a 1/2 cup of taco sauce and a 1/2 cup of salsa and poured it on top of the shells, topped it was a 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar and baked til melty. Served them with sour cream. 121cal, 9g protein and 10g carb per shell, very tasty and filling.

We have canned tuna packed in olive oil. I squeeze the oil into a pan and add chopped salty green olives, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and a bit of pepper. I heat this up and when it boils for a minute I add some of the brine (I do not add any other salt)and bring to a boil again. As soon as it boils I turn off the flame. After a few minutes I add the tuna and stir. I don't like to overcook tuna, it's already cooked. When the pasta is al dente and drained, I add the sauce plus fresh basil, if I have it, and stir a little to coat.

Interesting. Worth a try, thanks. Over the years, I've often given a little thought to what to do with the oil besides flush it down the drain, but never turned thought into action. Good for you.
  • acpgeeacpgee Member Posts: 5,072 Member Member Posts: 5,072 Member
    Speck is the dutch word for bacon.

Interesting. Worth a try, thanks. Over the years, I've often given a little thought to what to do with the oil besides flush it down the drain, but never turned thought into action. Good for you.

When I make something like this, I dump the oil from the can, and replace with oil from sun dried tomatoes in oil. You still get the sardine taste from the fish, but now you also get the roasted tomato flavour.
  • jlhalley7835jlhalley7835 Member Posts: 187 Member Member Posts: 187 Member
    A coworker shot and killed a wild hog and gave it to me. I threw it in the smoker for 3 hours at 215 on top
    Of some cherry and hickory wood. 🤤 makes some awesome pulled pork Sammiches.
  • snowflake954snowflake954 Member Posts: 5,096 Member Member Posts: 5,096 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Speck is the dutch word for bacon.

We also have bacon and pancetta. They are very different from speck. I would think the word came from Italian or latin originally. Also our speck is dark with very little fat and does not look like bacon at all.
    edited January 9
    Tonight: sometimes the entire family in't on the same (menu) page. So I made two different chicken thigh recipes: a plain-ish baked (metal pan), and a yogurt-marinated Indian-style baked (white pan). Common sides to both chicken dishes are brown rice, steamed broccoli and our ubiquitous tomato-veg salad. Now we've enough for a couple of days. Unfortunately, the photo doesn't show the bright yellow Indian marinade as well as it should.

lbz1rx9mezg2.jpg
  • epangiliepangili Member Posts: 816 Member Member Posts: 816 Member
    Tofu broccoli soyakki
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Member Posts: 706 Member Member Posts: 706 Member
    Boyfriend had a pink salmon filet in a mustard-dill crust, with mashed cauliflower and green beans tossed with a little butter and cracked black pepper and sea salt.

As I don't like salmon or mustard, I had a pasta casserole with ground beef in it, and two small slices (mini-loaf pan) of homemade garlic bread, toasted.
  • jlhalley7835jlhalley7835 Member Posts: 187 Member Member Posts: 187 Member
    We had Fajitas on Low-Calorie Tortillas, pico de gallo, Light sour cream, and I'm stuffed! This was dinner

dwc2ldrpsdbf.jpg

Steak fajita on mission’s carb balance tortillas has been my Friday night go to meal lately. So good!
    Herb crusted cod with farro, veggie stir fry.
    Pasta fusilli (spirals) with zucchini and pesto, freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano on top.
  • weatherking2019weatherking2019 Member Posts: 783 Member Member Posts: 783 Member
    Flank steak with roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
  • Sunshine_And_SandSunshine_And_Sand Member Posts: 1,320 Member Member Posts: 1,320 Member
  • hesn92hesn92 Member Posts: 5,852 Member Member Posts: 5,852 Member
    Mississippi roast ... with mashed potatoes and green beans and a roll