Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the last meal you cooked?

1114115117119120134

Replies

  • FinelyFermentedFinelyFermented Posts: 98Member Member Posts: 98Member Member
    Chicken crack roll ups using low carb shells. It's in the crock pot, and I cannot wait to get home!
  • pessxxpessxx Posts: 438Member Member Posts: 438Member Member
    fried chicken wings with cabbage salad and mayo
  • nationalvillage3215nationalvillage3215 Posts: 62Member Member Posts: 62Member Member
    Cauliflower Soup in my Instant Pot.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,434Member Member Posts: 8,434Member Member
    Herbed crusted cod loin with rutabaga fries and shishito pepper salad.
  • miss_zita_2020miss_zita_2020 Posts: 5,210Member Member Posts: 5,210Member Member
    Squid stew with peppers and potatoes.

  • snowflake954snowflake954 Posts: 4,594Member Member Posts: 4,594Member Member
    Pasta with chickpeas, garlic, and EVOO.
  • weatherking2019weatherking2019 Posts: 514Member Member Posts: 514Member Member
    Chicken stock! I had veggie scraps saved in the freezer and got a good chicken so made a huge pot of Chicken stock/broth. Made 4 big containers full. So excited to use it tonight!
  • mjbnj0001mjbnj0001 Posts: 749Member Member Posts: 749Member Member
    Last evening: lemon-pepper-dill baked turbot over veg, with savory cauliflower, brown rice and a side salad (last not shown).

    Partially-successful experiment. Turbot was great. But the sides had some flaws: first, I usually bake to cook then broil to finish. That worked well. The turbot being thick, I tried a higher baking heat (400F vs usually 350F). This was OK. But I usually choose a Corning dish; this time, a stainless pan. The higher heat and stainless combined, I think, to make the spinach bed a dreary mess. Second error: the cauliflower. I tried a method of steaming the veg, then dressing for flavor. The method worked, but I overused granulated garlic and the result was not so good - but recoverable next time (garlic, turmeric, paprika, salt, pepper dissolved in olive oil as a dressing). Live and learn.

    Turbot is somewhat uncommon here (NJ USA) these days, so it was a treat.

    Haven't yet computed my MFP daily numbers on this meal, but they should be OK.

    yg54lymgrpdf.jpg

    94suq6g2mde1.jpg

  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,434Member Member Posts: 8,434Member Member
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    Last evening: lemon-pepper-dill baked turbot over veg, with savory cauliflower, brown rice and a side salad (last not shown).

    Partially-successful experiment. Turbot was great. But the sides had some flaws: first, I usually bake to cook then broil to finish. That worked well. The turbot being thick, I tried a higher baking heat (400F vs usually 350F). This was OK. But I usually choose a Corning dish; this time, a stainless pan. The higher heat and stainless combined, I think, to make the spinach bed a dreary mess. Second error: the cauliflower. I tried a method of steaming the veg, then dressing for flavor. The method worked, but I overused granulated garlic and the result was not so good - but recoverable next time (garlic, turmeric, paprika, salt, pepper dissolved in olive oil as a dressing). Live and learn.

    Turbot is somewhat uncommon here (NJ USA) these days, so it was a treat.

    Haven't yet computed my MFP daily numbers on this meal, but they should be OK.

    I would absolutely destroy this fish but the veggies here....... nope. Simply because I dont like meals like this. I would cook the vegg separately.
  • dcresiderdcresider Posts: 1,065Member Member Posts: 1,065Member Member
    Lemony lentil soup with yogurt topping and soup. Yummy and filling on a cold day.
  • Tinydancer106Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,634Member Member Posts: 3,634Member Member
    @dcresider wrote: »
    Lemony lentil soup with yogurt topping and soup. Yummy and filling on a cold day.

    Sounds really good! I love lemons and love lentils but mainly make them with ham bone and ham and veggies ..... is this your own recipe? I'm gonna check some out online ...never thought of the combo
    ...thanks!!!🤗🙌
    edited January 31
  • GreenValliGreenValli Posts: 836Member Member Posts: 836Member Member
    I made chicken and sausage gumbo. It was just o.k, but with all the vegetables in it, I know it was very healthy and it was low in calories.
  • mjbnj0001mjbnj0001 Posts: 749Member Member Posts: 749Member Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    Last evening: lemon-pepper-dill baked turbot over veg, with savory cauliflower, brown rice and a side salad (last not shown).

    Partially-successful experiment. Turbot was great. But the sides had some flaws: ...

    I would absolutely destroy this fish but the veggies here....... nope. Simply because I dont like meals like this. I would cook the vegg separately.

    I hear you. I see you post a lot of seafood. Experimental mood this time. Although I have made a veg bed before that came out great, this was a disappointment and there's the double whammy of the cauli failure. I'm working within the boundaries of what the family likes and trying to stretch them a bit. It works, sometimes, LOL, and I'm not too ashamed to share here some of my misses as well as the hits. There's one thing to say ... another day, another meal. Thanks for your frankness.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,434Member Member Posts: 8,434Member Member
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    Last evening: lemon-pepper-dill baked turbot over veg, with savory cauliflower, brown rice and a side salad (last not shown).

    Partially-successful experiment. Turbot was great. But the sides had some flaws: ...

    I would absolutely destroy this fish but the veggies here....... nope. Simply because I dont like meals like this. I would cook the vegg separately.

    I hear you. I see you post a lot of seafood. Experimental mood this time. Although I have made a veg bed before that came out great, this was a disappointment and there's the double whammy of the cauli failure. I'm working within the boundaries of what the family likes and trying to stretch them a bit. It works, sometimes, LOL, and I'm not too ashamed to share here some of my misses as well as the hits. There's one thing to say ... another day, another meal. Thanks for your frankness.

    Thats the beauty of actually cooking and understanding. Next time you will know why this did not work and will improve for sure. But the fish........ ok. Next week :lol:
  • snowflake954snowflake954 Posts: 4,594Member Member Posts: 4,594Member Member
    Risotto--arborio rice with leftover scampi (carcasses boiled and strained for sauce), leftover baccala' sauce, cream and a little white wine and freshly grated PR. All these leftovers made a great risotto.
  • hmhill17hmhill17 Posts: 254Member Member Posts: 254Member Member
    Not counting breakfast today, Mississippi pot roast with mashed potatoes and roasted cauliflower and caramelized onions.

    My daughter cooks tonight (with supervision) so it’s Mac and cheese, ribs and Caesar salad.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,434Member Member Posts: 8,434Member Member
  • acpgeeacpgee Posts: 4,691Member Member Posts: 4,691Member Member
    Cooked with friends at their place to filll up their freezer with batch meals. Dinner afterwards was coca cola chicken, rice, Japanese cucumber salad and Indonesian tomato salad.
    l2s84h4eba1b.jpeg
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 3,497Member Member Posts: 3,497Member Member
    Breakfast this morning was 3 Applegate chicken maple sausages (they're small and the three end up being a combined 110 calories), three slices of toasted leftover challah (more on that later) with a tbsp of lingonberry jam between them, a grapefruit, and some peppermint tea with very local honey from my friend's bees.

    Thursday night was apparently procrastinating via baking night.
    4ge590o4g8kq.jpg
    boy9s153w50j.jpg
    lhgmbj4grk4m.jpg

    The challah made with honey instead of white sugar (for taste, not for some sort of unsubstantiated health claim), which made for a very wet dough and thus some sloppier than usual brading (I did a 4 strand braid). Everyone liked it though and the adults I do Shabbat with could taste the honey (the children, not so much). The other two are made from Bake From Scratch's Do it All Dough. The first are rolls brushed with garlic butter before being baked and the second is a cinnamon braid that is less cinnamon roll and more dough with a hint of sugar and cinnamon. I used half of the dough for the rolls and the other half for the cinnamon thing.
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 3,497Member Member Posts: 3,497Member Member
    This evening I made Maangchi's japchae and dubu jorim recipes, though I omitted the beef and egg from the japchae (beef because I wanted to make it lower calorie and spend less money and egg because I'm not a big fan of eggs in most situations). The Japchae was great but i'd use less oil next time. The dubu jorim was/is a "will my body tolerate large amounts of soy again", while I currently feel fine in that respect (time will tell...), I wasn't super impressed. It's partially an issue of wish the sauce had a different texture and wishing the tofu was a different texture (yes I pressed it for a sufficient amount of time).
Sign In or Register to comment.