• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Still cant tell if this is a threat or more of a promise lol

A bit of both 🤷🏿‍♀️

• MaltedTea
    edited April 2020
    Oooh, yours look super yummy, @just_Tomek. Meanwhile, I'm regretting having made such a small batch...

lembwzyt1kmx.jpg

Edit to add nutritional info per cookie (9 total for my batch)...
    211 calories (14g fat, 18g carbs, 4g protein)

Sometimes, I'm happy that I don't figure out values BEFORE eating. I downed two of these today.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Lunch: Pasta w ragu'---meat and tomato sauce.

Dinner: Grilled pork chops, tomato salad--chopped fresh oblong tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, and EVOO. Plus
    grilled cheese sandwiches made with Asiago cheese.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Long things out of black beans. Vegan meal for meatless Monday.

Too bad MFP doesn't have a "grin" like icon ... "long things out of black beans" LOL
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    Pasta With Garlicky Anchovies and Broccoli
    https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1020842-pasta-with-garlicky-anchovies-and-broccoli-rabe?smid=ck-recipe-iOS-share
    - didn’t have rabe, so threw in a bag of frozen broccoli and a few handfuls of kale. Bumped up the protein by adding an extra fillet from last night’s salmon as well as a can of low sodium tuna. Used gemelli pasta. SO Delicious!! Pleasantly surprised that it wasn’t heavy 🙂
    - Here’s how mine looked8a54kan5j9ka.jpeg

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Yakisoba with zucchini, green onions, carrots and mini sausages. Side of spinach salad with beets and feta and last of bone soup.
  • snowflake954
    Pasta with butter, zucchini (sliced like matchsticks), and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
  • playhardkf2017
    playhardkf2017 Posts: 875 Member
    Taco bowls with lean ground beef, black beans, sauteed onions, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, lettuce and avocado.
  • snowflake954
    Spinach pie-spinach, egg, cream (low fat), Parmigiano Reggiano, crust. Sloppy Joes and a cake my MIL always made w whipped egg whites, chopped walnuts, flour, sugar, butter and baking powder.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Lockdown Vegan Black-Eyed Peas and Brown Rice Soup

The other night, I made a food experiment out of producing a Southern-influenced dish, "Hoppin' John" (posted above as "Jumpin' Jack"). For that, I had rehydrated an excess amount of dried black-eyed peas. So today, I was going to use them to try making some sort of pea fritters or bean burgers for lunch. About 20 minutes into the simmer process for the peas and rice (plus a dose of dehydrated veggies), I realized this could be a great soup instead. It was. Simple as anything, too: peas, rice, veg, herbs/spices; simmer till done. I used plain water, so this is a vegan meal; you can easily use a chicken or beef broth instead.

MFP estimates a bowlful serving of this (shown) would be 226 cals, 5g protein, 45g carb (with 5g fiber), 3g fat.

a6mfs03iqvax.jpg
  • sdee903
    sdee903 Posts: 9 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Chicken satay with peanut satay sauce. Cucumber with mint and nuoc cham. Canh soup. Sticky rice.
    7w95ow3efdmb.jpeg

This looks so good
  • privy95
    privy95 Posts: 82 Member
    Tortellini with red and/or white sauce and meatballs, Caesar salad. I had leftover spaghetti squash with leftover grilled chicken and red sauce since I don’t typically eat pasta but my family loves it.
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Chicken and vegetables masala
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Almond flour crusted Chicken tenders with mozzarella cheese and a side of Asparagus with lemon butter sauce
  • snowflake954
    Risotto w small shrimp, grated zucchini, cream, EVOO, broth, and Parmigiano Reggiano.
  • MaltedTea
    Lactose-freezy cheesy egg white omelette with sun-dried tomatoes. Oh, and a side of mashed acorn squash. Oh, and chicken bacon. Oh...and coffee too, of course.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Chicken Chili with Cheese

1lb chicken tenders
    Favorite dry rub, spices
    2 cans of kidney beans/chili beans/insert favorite beans here
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1/3 cup chicken stock
    1/4 cup bbq sauce
    (shredded cheddar cheese for topping optional)

Rub up that chicken, cook it up in a pan about 3 minutes each side. Put in chicken stock, beans, tomatoes and bbq sauce, simmer for 10 minutes or so. Voila!

Makes about 5 servings for my family.

Calories: 311
    Fat: 4.2g
    Carbs: 40g
    Protein: 28g

Served it with Texas toast. Used to use corn on the cob niblets but my son has braces now...
  • snowflake954
    Chicken breast filets browned lightly in EVOO, chopped tomatoes with garlic, fresh basil, lemon pepper, tuna and EVOO, homemade turkey broth w tiny meat raviolli and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano.