What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,524 Member
    Making asian for dinner for a change. Vietnamese aubergine salad, stir fried snow peas with garlic, lemon chicken.
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    How was it?
    acpgee wrote: »
    Not a meal, but I made Dalgona coffee for the first time.
    rjj6agh4yumv.jpeg

• MinTheKitCat
    Late morning oats and omelette with seeds and trying two new recipes for dinner: chickpea bowls with lemony yogurt and grains in herby buttermilk. Fingers crossed! (We have pizza in the freezer if it doesn’t work out 😂)
  • acpgee
    How was it?

i used half the recommended amount of sugar so the instant cofffee taste was too strong. I think this will be a great ingredient in desserts such as coffee pavlova (meringue, ice cream or whipped cream and the dalgona mixture). Thinking about how to use this in other desserts containing coffee such as tiramisu. Might be usable as a low fat frosting for cupcakes.

The recipe I was given was 2 tablespoons each of instant coffee, sugar, and hot water. I used instant espresso powder and half the recommended sugar which made it taste too agressively of coffee. Use an electric whisk to make a foam.
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    How was it?
    rjj6agh4yumv.jpeg

Oooo...
  • kbushe3221
    kbushe3221 Posts: 176 Member
    Jamaican jerk chicken with rice, beans, and collard greens.
    Also Lebanese kafta with tabbouleh wraps.

Jamaican food is my weakness! I haven’t had since quarantine! As soon as things go back to normal I am getting Jamaican from the place near my work!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    A cup of shrimp, a cup of zoodles, lots of fresh garlic mixed with a sun-dried tomato and herb seasoning blend, then sprinkled with nutritional yeast. A slice of Ezekiel bread on the side.
  • TooDamnSweet
    TooDamnSweet Posts: 63 Member
    Chicken Noodle Soup
  • MinTheKitCat
    It worked! Bon appetite recipes: chickpea bowls with lemony yogurt and grains in herby buttermilk. Their photos are much prettier
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Yesterday: I made homemade mushroom and sausage pizza and a salad. Plenty of slices left for other days. I did not want to eat too much of it, but it sure was good.
  • rehand1978
    rehand1978 Posts: 11 Member
    Tonight's dinner is French Dip Sandwiches with grilled zucchini and roasted potato wedges. I do the London Broil in the crock pot and then assemble the sandwiches when I get home, top with provolone, and bake until melted and toasty.
  • acpgee
    epangili wrote: »
    How was it?

Oooo...

One coffee based dessert I make regularly is granita. I wonder if you could make a granita out of that Dalgona foam?
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Salad with summer Shakshuka
    djah07518j56.jpeg

A lovely bowl of color!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    after mountain biking, this was my breakfast today. Baked potato with skin, cottage cheese and baked beans with BBQ sauce. I also had a banana, yogurt and 2 cups coffee. 784 calories, 33 g of protein. Made me full all morning. delicious!

092fwk4nrbn9.jpg
  • MinTheKitCat
    @Safari_Gal_
    It was so good!! If I scroll back thru my food pics from prior weeks, I can always tell which days our Misfit delivery arrived 🤣👍
  • 88digitalawesome88
    88digitalawesome88 Posts: 13 Member
    A delicious and filling soup made from;
    Bok choy
    Firm tofu
    Tamari
    Sriracha
    Organic stock